Help on plastics...

F

FZ6Rgurl

I'm wondering if anyone has completely taken their plastics off? I attempted to take mine off yesterday to do a mod, but I got as far as the last piece that looks connected to the headlight. I took two screws out and thought they were the only ones, but apparently not. The plastic wasn't moving. So I'm figuring that there might be a few more screws, but I couldn't see any...

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Not sure but there should be one or two in the back that are through the fairing stay and under the instrument cluster? Try peering up through the bottom to see if you can see them. You'll need a short (stubby) screwdriver to back those out. ;)

Senaca

I haven't stripped my bike down that far... just the side fairings. Keep in mind plastic components are often locked in with tabs here and there.

xplodnstar

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
I knew someone had a pic of the removal somewhere! :D Thanks xplodnstar! It's that pesky one you mentioned, isn't it?

xplodnstar

I think the front ones are giving her the trouble....

Those 2 metal brackets have screws that hold the fairing on, you have to get underneath and take them out from the inside. (I think, my recollection may be off, but I remember having to take stuff back off because I forgot those. And I still ended up with extra screws.)

F

FZ6Rgurl

I do remember taking those two screws out. But trying to wiggle the plastic off was my difficult part. I don't know if there are anymore push pins holding them on. I did print your instructions off. I think I got as far as with all the plastics off except the part in your 4th picture. The picture right before the picture you posted here. I unscrewed those screws in the front, and I couldn't get it to come loose. Are the mirrors holding anything down?

xplodnstar

Yeah, I think they are.

F

FZ6Rgurl

Yeah, that's probably my problem then. Oh well. My service manager said he'd put the light in for me. When I bought the bike, I got the PPM as well.