Help needed... Renting a bike I. Orlando/fort mayers

Griff88

Wondering if anyone can help me.

My wife and I are going to Orlando in September then down to fort mayers after that and are looking to rent a bike for a day/half day.

Can anybody recommend a good bike rental company or maybe some routes that'd be good to ride in that area?

Coming from the uk so riding in the sunshine is like a once in a lifetime opportunity

Headlessmunky

I am not trying to discourage you but, My wife and I went to Myrtle Beach, SC and they wanted a $5,000 deposit to rent the bike. I don't know what it would be in that area. Just a heads up.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Griff88

Thanks. I hope so but it's early yet as we're going in September. My wife's family are from Scotland but were in South Wales. Weather can be really shocking on times

Griff88

Sorry headlessmonkey only now seen your post. 5k is a lot of deposit. Looking online and the deposits are around 2k

gado

What type of bike are you planning on renting? I know renting Harleys seem to be popular here especially around bike week. Scooters are popular around the coastal cities as well.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Griff88

Yeah don't really fancy renting a Harley tbh. Would love a multistrada but online to rent in fl itself. A triumph would be coll

latony007

try eaglerider.com

and forget the harley, you want to be able to hear and not have your head vibrated off the bike. id rent a can am if one was available. Nice and comfy for 2 and just not as much to worry about when your driving in a foreign country.

Griff88

Was thinking that but I've risen a spyder and really not a fan. Having a background in quads that I want to avoid, the spyder just doesn't appeal