Help lifting rear wheel

drod619

Hello,

I bought the Venom Sport Bike Front and Rear combo wheel lift stands and I am having trouble with where to lift the rear from. I am not sure what part of the swing arm or where the spool is that I need to lift from. I have a 2011 FZ6R. Any help/pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Drod

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

6R Blackout

Me personally I found the best and proper way to lift the rear of the bike on stand is to invest in the T-Rex swing arm spools that are designed and made especially for our bike! I have had bad luck trying to use my rear stand without the spools! When I bought mine they costed about $60. I found that price on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 6R Blacout

6R Blackout

I found a picture where you can see the spool on the rear right behind the exhaust you may have to zoom in a bit to see it! Hope this helps! :)ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351734246.833694.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 6R Blacout

drod619

Thank you guys for the responses. I will try calling them tomorrow regarding the Trex spools, but I found these on amazon as well, should work the same?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/6mm-Swingarm-Spools-Yamaha-FZ6R/dp/B004MJFS0M/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351738726&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=T-Rex+Yamaha+FZ6R+Spool+Adapters]Amazon.com: 6mm Swingarm Spools for Yamaha YZF R1 R6 R6s FZ1 FZ6 FZ6R - 6 mm Swing arm Slider Spools by GPI Industries: Everything Else[/ame]

BKP

Thank you guys for the responses. I will try calling them tomorrow regarding the Trex spools, but I found these on amazon as well, should work the same?

Amazon.com: 6mm Swingarm Spools for Yamaha YZF R1 R6 R6s FZ1 FZ6 FZ6R - 6 mm Swing arm Slider Spools by GPI Industries: Everything Else
I have the T-Rex as well... Both spools and sliders. I don't see how the spools above will mount on the FZ6R... The swing arms requires brackets, like on the T-Rex.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

drod619

I have a local harbor freight so I think I am going to call and see if they have the rear stand. I have some work I want to get done this weekend so I can use that until I can get me the T-Rex spool adapters. Thank you all from your responses.

David

Fizzi6ergal

I just use the rear stand that I have at my shop. It has rubber ends where it sits on the swingarm. Lifts it up that way.

BKP

Interesting approach... piggy-backing them on the hub...

JSP

Super Moderator

BKP

I see one major issue with these. These would be useless for when you want to remove the rear wheel. (which requires you to remove the axle).
Dayum... good point... didn't even occur to me...

Just had my tires swapped, and they used my spools... would've been an issue with those hub-mounted puppies...

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Last edited:

wao600

hey if i have to remove my front and rear wheels now to work on the bike
but dont have the money to be getting spoils and 2 stands
how can i lift it up to get wheels off?
anyone no a way?
or am i just screwed and have to wait till i can get that stuff

JSP

Super Moderator
hey if i have to remove my front and rear wheels now to work on the bike
but dont have the money to be getting spoils and 2 stands
how can i lift it up to get wheels off?
anyone no a way?
or am i just screwed and have to wait till i can get that stuff

Either get the stands or a hoist to strap it to and lift it from a beam or something.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member