Helmet Bluetooth

aburnett

Looking into getting a good bluetooth setup for my helmet, but I don't want to break the bank. Pretty much I want it for turn by turn GPS. Anybody have any good advise on what to get?

NMdesertracer

We have scala rider q3's which work bluetooth off my phone and i just use maps app on the phone to give me directions through the headset. works great!

I have the Sena SMH10R, very happy with it! At first I was disappointed with the audio quality for music, although voice such as turn by turn navigation sounded good. Turns out, if you wear ear plugs (which I always do) and crank up the volume, music actually sounds much better.

Very slick and low profile. Battery life is great. Works for music, turn by turn as well as intercom between riders. Might be cheaper options but this was worth it to me. Check it out.

Vath

I second the Sena SMH10. I do not have the R version, but I just recently got myself the 10 and it's awesome. It is up there in terms of price, but very much worth it. I can see why Sena is a top brand in the motorcycle bluetooth world.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

aburnett

pulled the trigger and got the sena smh10. should have it waiting for me once i get home. gotta love amazon and 1 day delivery.

Vath

pulled the trigger and got the sena smh10. should have it waiting for me once i get home. gotta love amazon and 1 day delivery.
1 day as in same day?! Holy crap that's fast! They using drones or something? ;)

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

aburnett

I have an Arai Signet Q helmet, everything hooked up well. Configuring how I wanted it set up took a little while. Sound quality is great, but bad low frequency response. The volume actually can get too loud. the turn by turn directions from my phone's GPS is really what I wanted. So i set a destination and made sure to make a bunch of wrong turns to get her to talk more. The controls on it are easy to feel through my gloves.

ch33zecake

Looking into getting a good bluetooth setup for my helmet, but I don't want to break the bank. Pretty much I want it for turn by turn GPS. Anybody have any good advise on what to get?
I also have the Sena SMH10. It works great for GPS. I just connect to my phone using bluetooth and use the map app. I mostly use my SHM10 for listening to music. Music can still be heard even with earplugs on. You just have to pump the volume on your phone and the device all the way up. If you do get this device, make sure to download the latest firmware update. I think it's version 5.1.1 if I remember correctly..