Hello new member here

Zdoc

Hello everyone, new here. First would like to say thanks for all the great posts and info available here. I'm on page 56 of the general forum reading all the info. Just went and signed the paper work on a used 12 white fz6r at a division of the car dealership I work at. I will be picking it up Saturday after its inspected and already to go. This isn't my first bike but I haven't ridden in 1 and a half years. Bought a new 2009 ninja 250r and learned a lot on it but got bored and lack of people to ride with swayed me to sell it. Still have my jacket helmet and gloves but will probably get some new ones after pants and boots to match of course. Any suggestions on a good mid top boot and either good jeans or textile over pants? I mostly ride when it's warm or throw on some thermals for extra warmth.
See if I can add a pic in a minute
http://[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/zdoc/media/image.jpg1.jpg.html][/URL]

Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

jammer

I love my TCX X Cube boots.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Zdoc

Thanks for the recommendations I will check them out. I was looking at it and thinking to myself how can I spend any money on it lol.

lark

there will always be something to spend money on ;)

bike looks great especially with the TBR! congrats and happy trails.

latony007

Congrats and enjoy, i have a pair of the kevlar jeans with knee pads from cyclegear and like them. Under 100 if i remember right.

Rollo1886

TCX Cube Boots and Dainese 0K Kevlar Jeans

I love my TCX X Cube boots.
I wear the TCX Cube boots for warm weather riding. They move a ton of air, but are almost just as sturdy as a race boot. The Dainese 0K jeans look just like designer black jeans. They have kevlar fabric woven in in all of the impact zones. They also have armor in the knee portion. They fit just like Levis 505s. I would recomend these as an alternative to bulky overpants.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Zdoc

A buddy is gonna drive me to pick it up tomorrow and then gonna ride to a place to look at gear so that will work out great

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

D52

Oxford pa 19363. I'm very close to the md and de line

I also live in PA, albeit the western side. Welcome to the site. There is a massive amount of information and ideas here... prepare to spend hours reading it, haha! :D

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Zdoc

That would be great. Sucks I did house work all day today and tomorrow is going to be the only nice day this week.