Hello from Colorado

Just_Jim

Hello everyone,

I just picked up a blue 2013 FZ6R on Saturday. I've only ridden it about 10 miles (no plates until I get to the DMV this week). I also have a blue (love that Yamaha blue) 2005 R6 that I've owned since 2007. I've been riding for about 41 years - mostly Yamahas.

The FZ is mostly stock except for a fender eliminator, flushmount front signals, and LED rear turn signals. I've already ordered a set of frame sliders and the Haynes manual for it. I plan to leave the engine and exhaust pretty much stock, but I'm going to upgrade the brake lines and pads next.

Attachments

MrFrzZ

Welcome aboard. That R6 is gorgeous. I've been trying to find that model to pick up and build into a track bike.

Just_Jim

Welcome aboard. That R6 is gorgeous. I've been trying to find that model to pick up and build into a track bike.
Thanks. It's definitely my favorite year of the R6. I've done some track days with it, but now it's just my weekend canyon carver. I've always had a more practical bike for commuting and everyday riding - a Kawasaki EX500 before the FZ6R - and reserved the R6 for playtime.

Just_Jim

That's the best year of the "s" body anyway with those inverted forks. ;)
The front brakes have spoiled me - a Brembo master cylinder, radial-mount four piston calipers, and steel-braided lines.

MrFrzZ

Yea... You'll hate the or brakes on the fizzer haha..

I'm waiting for a friend to send me a master cylinder from a 14 r1 to try to swap on to mine. I've got the lines changed out and pads waiting to go on... What pads do you use?? I've got a set of ebc's to put on before the track but I've heard great things about vesrah too..

Just_Jim

Yea... You'll hate the or brakes on the fizzer haha..

I'm waiting for a friend to send me a master cylinder from a 14 r1 to try to swap on to mine. I've got the lines changed out and pads waiting to go on... What pads do you use?? I've got a set of ebc's to put on before the track but I've heard great things about vesrah too..
I'm using Galfer HH pads and love them. Lots of feedback. The OEM pads were also pretty good.