Hello everyone

texas09fz6r

I just wanted to say hello. I picked up a 09 fz6r this past weekend and I am looking forward to the weather warming up so I can ride. It is pretty basic stock only a fender eliminator and some different levers on it. The only thing I am looking to add to it would be maybe a r6 header and a slip on to make it a little louder (wife wants it louder).

I look forward to browsing the different threads and learning alot for the community!

Jackson

Attachments

sti491

Welcome! Looks great!

texas09fz6r

I did a few things to it yesterday and got to ride it for a while (76 here in Dallas) I really dont have a clue why the previous owner put blue ASV levers on this yellow bike LOL. Eventually they are being swapped out.

fz6r2.jpg

adazine

Premium Member

Onisimus

got an 09 last month. You should come to Cali, where the taxes and weather are in the highs all year round. :DIMG_1208.jpg

BluePill

I just wanted to say hello. I picked up a 09 fz6r this past weekend and I am looking forward to the weather warming up so I can ride. It is pretty basic stock only a fender eliminator and some different levers on it. The only thing I am looking to add to it would be maybe a r6 header and a slip on to make it a little louder (wife wants it louder).
Now that's gotta be a first!:cool:

Enjoy. I love the 6R. I am on my second one.

texas09fz6r

Damn I like that exhaust adazine with the red tip! Wish they didnt cost a grand for them (that is a two brothers isnt it)? SIGHHH

Last edited:

adazine

Premium Member

texas09fz6r

Hello again everyone I have searched r6 headers to find out where I am to bend/smash down area that hits the oil pan. I have 02 headers and I am trying to get them modded at work (we have a full machine shop) Does anyone have a pic or can tell me where it is. My guess is where the Y comes to a single pipe right before the mount on the single pipe.

Thanks for your help
SUPER NOOB MODDER

texas09fz6r

Good morning all,

Here is an updated pic of my bike. Still trying to get the r6 header voodoo exhaust mod done. Ive been struggling with it and its been put on the shelf for now. Its riding season here in Texas!

untitled.JPG

MrFrzZ

Good morning all,

Here is an updated pic of my bike. Still trying to get the r6 header voodoo exhaust mod done. Ive been struggling with it and its been put on the shelf for now. Its riding season here in Texas!

View attachment 39842
Rub it in with that tail cowl.... just keep rubbing it in..... :p

Bike looks good.. I keep going back and forth on a tire hugger... I like them in flat black much more than the "carbon"

sti491

I did a few things to it yesterday and got to ride it for a while (76 here in Dallas) I really dont have a clue why the previous owner put blue ASV levers on this yellow bike LOL. Eventually they are being swapped out.

View attachment 39642
Welcome and congrats on the bike!. You can spray paint those levers easily too! Also, I have yet to have anyone answer me why, or if an R6 header works any better than than your stock header with cat cut off, a small coupler welder on so a slip on will fit. That's what I did. You can read my post on it. R6 headers need to be bent a little and one one the pipes smashed in a bit to clear the pan.

I did a lot of things top my 2012, that I bought in the past 3-4 months and documented here. Some you might be interested in. An LED headlight bulb is the best $25 you'll ever spend on your bike. Enjoy it and the forum!

hadn't had my coffee yet and didn't realize this was an old post

Last edited:

sti491

Rub it in with that tail cowl.... just keep rubbing it in..... :p

Bike looks good.. I keep going back and forth on a tire hugger... I like them in flat black much more than the "carbon"
...but it has blue levers... :) LOL.... Bike looks great Tex!

The tail cowl is like a unicorn part for these bikes it seems! I love the tire hugger. I would have got the black, but got my fake CF one off E-bay from a guy that bought mine by mistake and it didn't fit his bike. Price was too good to pass up. At first the Hydro Dip, or however Puig does it looked really fake, but then I got used to it. Nobody gets their eyes so close that it looks all that bad. Being a Raven there is a lot of black on my bike to start with. Besides it gave me an excuse to buy real CF sliders and bar ends. Too bad the bar ends made my bars buzz on the highway so bad I went back to the stockers. The Yamaha engineers got that stock part right, even though they are ugly!

My son just paid $200 for a tail cowl on his 2000 SV 650. Another unicorn piece that's nearly impossible to find. What is it with tail cowls?

vcdstroyr

Another worthwhile mod is SS brake lines. The difference is night and day from the stock lines...even for just commuting. Rode to work this morning. It was 36 degrees. If it's not raining just bundle up and ride!

texas09fz6r

Another worthwhile mod is SS brake lines. The difference is night and day from the stock lines...even for just commuting. Rode to work this morning. It was 36 degrees. If it's not raining just bundle up and ride!
Is this an expensive mod? I have to get new tires soon so the bike will be going to the shop for that and I could get them installed at the same time if the parts and labor doesn't cost too much.

MrFrzZ

Is this an expensive mod? I have to get new tires soon so the bike will be going to the shop for that and I could get them installed at the same time if the parts and labor doesn't cost too much.
It is probably the most cost effective mod you can do. Under 200.00 as long as you have a socket/ wrench set already. Its really not bad at all. I had never done any maintenance to brakes other than change them on a car a couple times, and I had the lines changed, new fluid in, and everything buttoned back up in probably less than an hour, and that was taking my time.

Ron got some custom length lines made from Galfer since he's got raised bars. It looks like yours is lowered with Clip ons? I have the same setup. I just ordered mine from Revzilla and the Pre-cut lengths were fine. In all honesty, I could probably stand to have about an inch shorter. Galfers are a two-line set up on the front, so yours won't "piggy back" from one caliper, then over to the other. the pressure is independent in each line to its respective caliper. Its a simple mod that you can do with no issues. the ONLY thing is you may have to "chase" an air bubble out of the line, but you'll be able to do that no problem. Just watch a couple youtube vids on flushing the lines and changing fluid. You'll be good to go. And if you have any issues, Give one of us a call. We'll walk you through it over the phone. Sometimes you need 3 hands to do it lol

Seriously, This is a fantastic mod. Even if you only do the front for now, then do the back later, dooo iiiitttttt!!! It makes the bike so much safer/ consistent. Especially with you being out in TX, you wont have to worry about those rubber lines swelling in the heat and giving you an inconsistent feedback as the fluid then heats up.

ETA - I just checked over my old RZ orders and the current cost online for the same bleed kit i bought:

Front line: 89.95
Rear Line: 48.55
AAP one man bleed kit: 34.99
Total: 173.49 + cost of Brake fluid(I just used Valvoline Dot3/4 - Seen a few guys use it for track days with no problem)

2ETA - What tires are you going with?

Last edited:

sti491

If you are not in a hurry for your SS lines, wait for a "buy the front, get the rear for free" sale. Galfer and places like MotoSport and Cycle Gear just had that sale a week or two ago. It will come around again. I got triple black (+$20), both front and rear delivered for $119.40

Pretty happy with that. As MrFrzZ knows, I also got a really nice free tee shirt! Hahahahaha MrFrzZ, that was rubbing it in a bit, ehh?

I am installing tomorrow. Can't wait! Very appreciative of the advice I got on this forum to do SS lines and other mods.

Attachments

Last edited: