Handlebar mod

jgelack

Other than lowering the bike and adding clip ons, is there another handlebar I can install on the bike to give it a more aggressive appearance and riding position?

If you're comfortable with a drill you can try rotating the bars. Loosen everything up, rotate to a different position then tighten everything back down. The drill is to make a new locating hole for the right hand switch/throttle assembly.

Chucker

I did FZ1 bars and love them. You can't get lower, even with clip-ons, without cutting the plastics. You do have to monkey a bit with the angle of the bars and the levers to get them to a point where they don't hit either the tank or the fairing at full lock.

fazer1

I gave my 2009 fz6r some clubman bars and CTR bar-end mirrors and am loving the feel of it. Clubman's are more aggressive, at least the ones I got, than clip-ons, so I didn't have to lower the front at all to achieve it. Handling feels better now too. Best part is the bars are only like $40 on Amazon.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Black-Cafe-Racer-Clubman-Handlebar/dp/B004PQOT8Y"]Amazon.com: Black Cafe Racer Ace Clubman Handlebar Bar 7/8" Cb Gs Xs 650 750 850: Automotive[/ame]

Do not get the cheap bar-end mirrors you see with these bars though, they don't fold in so they add an extra 6 inches to your bikes width.