Handle bars, pegs

Vath

buzzbomb

Elite Member

ksk operator 1

side swiped the pavement. I was on a road I never ridden before. I came of a series of twisties behind a big van. went to pass. did not see the next elevated left turn. came in hot. locked up back tire. laid bike down. right side trashed pretty much. handle bars. pegs. main fairing. and some of the rear fairing as well.

Happy now. :confused:. Bike stopped about 20 feet from a ledge going into a river.

so yeah. side swiped

chopper71

1 passing on a road never been on before.
+
1 passing on twisties on a road never rode before.
= BAD JUJU my friend. Glad you are ok bud.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

ksk operator 1

i am pretty sure it wasnt a low side. I came out of the turn as soon as i saw i wasnt going to make it. , locked up back tire, slid, for like 15 ft. then the bike caught traction. i ejected. it really happened fast. it was a horrible moment.
:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Part of me thinks if i had committed to the turn more even going fast it would have been better than second guessing.
I have a small cut on my hand is all. I think that if i had not ejected i would have went off the cliff tbh. I dont know man shit is still sketchy to think about.

gravel, slide, eject, tumble, shake head. :banghead:

this is my 3rd bike, never down, over 8k riddin. guess i have more ot learn for sure.

well, at least ill get to learn how to fix some things.

ksk operator 1

SO I have been riding the shorty for the last couple days. seems to be running fine, if not better since i finally put in the block offs. running without fairings due to UPS. once i get them on. I will do a final assessment. maybe take it in for a tune and clean her up real nice. hope to have pic ups this time next week.

:zombie:

buzzbomb

Elite Member