Hand grab rail?

phocoyote7

Going to be ordering my seat cowl soon. I removed my grab rail while installing my FE and thought might look better with out it. Has anyone removed theirs, and if so do you have any issues or concerns?

Not sure if gaps would be to large where grab rail mounted. Also noticed the tail light sticks out quite far and grab rail protects from top. But since no one is going to be riding behind me, why not. Will try both ways when I get it, but would like to hear opinions. :thumbup:

Also looking at Comfort seat (gel), does anyone have? if so do you like it better than stock?

tractorboy

Show us all some pics without the grab rail.....what are you gonna do with the holes it leaves in the plastic??

fz6r rider

DO NOT BUT THE GEL SEAT!!!! waste of money. I had one on my gixxer and the break in period is 400 miles. its at 2100 with the seat and still hasnt broken in waste of money.

phocoyote7

Show us all some pics without the grab rail.....what are you gonna do with the holes it leaves in the plastic??
I would put the bolts back in, and was hoping the cowl would cover it up somewhat. I know that it will still have the gaps on sides. That is why was wondering if anyone as done this. From what I picture in my head might not be what it will look like when I get it. which IMO is dumb since it's not needed. :D

phocoyote7

DO NOT BUT THE GEL SEAT!!!! waste of money. I had one on my gixxer and the break in period is 400 miles. its at 2100 with the seat and still hasnt broken in waste of money.
Thanks for the money saving response. :thumbup:

cbzdel

When I installed my FE I took it off and before I re-installed it I put my real cowl on and I thought it looked stupid, the gaps where to large were the rail bolted on and it looked weird with so much of the tail light exposed, so I ended up re-installing the bar...

phocoyote7

When I installed my FE I took it off and before I re-installed it I put my real cowl on and I thought it looked stupid, the gaps where to large were the rail bolted on and it looked weird with so much of the tail light exposed, so I ended up re-installing the bar...
Thanks for verifying what I was afraid of, I was thinking that damn taillight was going to look stupid. The plan will be to put it on for cosmetics. ;)