Great eBay find

mike

Be careful with the knock off levers. Some people have no problems with them and some do. A lot of them fade real quick from what ive heard. You get what you pay for usually. I doubt the cheap levers will have bearings in the pivot points and will probably wear out a lot faster then a quality set. Check out ASV levers they aren't cheap but are really well made and comfortable. Better to buy a nice set once then a few cheap sets over a couple years. Just my opinion.

davet7469

Be careful with the knock off levers. Some people have no problems with them and some do. A lot of them fade real quick from what ive heard. You get what you pay for usually. I doubt the cheap levers will have bearings in the pivot points and will probably wear out a lot faster then a quality set. Check out ASV levers they aren't cheap but are really well made and comfortable. Better to buy a nice set once then a few cheap sets over a couple years. Just my opinion.
OMG just checked out some of the prices 100-700?! 100 isnt that bad but omg they get expensive, would really like to test those out, anyone have experiences with both?

Brent27

OMG just checked out some of the prices 100-700?! 100 isnt that bad but omg they get expensive, would really like to test those out, anyone have experiences with both?
Here is a compare I found on the forum:
http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/ebay-levers-vs-pazzo-31882/

I'm planning on doing an upgrade on the levers myself and have been going back and forth between the eBay cheapies and something like pazzo. I don't want to spend too much but don't want junk either. Seems like the biggest complaint is color vs functionality.

I have more time to think as I'm probably going to upgrade brake lines first. After upgrading the front springs, it's even more noticeable that the brake system needs a little work.

stickyribs

I bought and installed what i considered to be good and cheap levers from ebay. True they have no bearings but i love them, short, fully adjustable, and way more comfortable that stock and in a heap of colours to compliment or contrast.

something like this 2 Short Brake Clutch Levers FOR Yamaha FZ1 FZ6 Fazer FZ6R FZ8 XJ6 Diversion | eBay

I don't know why you'd want to replace the stock resivour, unless you had a nasty set of aftermarket brake lines that required two nipples for the front brake.

for those interested Venhill make an awesome braided line kit for the FZ6R that branches from one stainless banjo into twin lines for advanced balance & performance, and they look fantastic! (still to fit mine)

will post some pics of my mods soon

Brent27

I bought and installed what i considered to be good and cheap levers from ebay. True they have no bearings but i love them, short, fully adjustable, and way more comfortable that stock and in a heap of colours to compliment or contrast.

something like this 2 Short Brake Clutch Levers FOR Yamaha FZ1 FZ6 Fazer FZ6R FZ8 XJ6 Diversion | eBay

I don't know why you'd want to replace the stock resivour, unless you had a nasty set of aftermarket brake lines that required two nipples for the front brake.

for those interested Venhill make an awesome braided line kit for the FZ6R that branches from one stainless banjo into twin lines for advanced balance & performance, and they look fantastic! (still to fit mine)

will post some pics of my mods soon
I'd like to see your mods once you post them. Upgraded brake lines are my next project so interested to see those.

mike

Read the learn from my mistakes post. Cheap levers also have tolerance issues and can cause brakes to lock up. Personally i don't think it's worth risking brake issues to save 100 bucks. Laying the bike down is gonna cost a lot more to repair and not to mention medical bills or possibly worse.

stickyribs

pics

1. pic of my cheap levers - not locked up brakes or fallen over yet
2. pic of tail tidy - i have reinstalled the grab rail
3. pic of integrated tail light - uber coolness
4. looking good but seeking a schmick bar end solution to mirrors

Attachments