Got T-Rex rear spool adaptors: What's wrong with this picture?

sti491

Hey, just a heads up for you folks with T-Rex bolt-clamp style rear spools: check those bolts and positioning once in a while!

I use my paddock stand all the time. When I was doing my SS brake lines yesterday. When I walked behind the bike I had to do a head scratch...Hummmmm, is my paddock stand bent?.... no, my left spool clamp had slide 1.5" on the swing arm!

Consider this a public service announcement. Check them once in a while! :)

See before and after pics below.

Attachments

sti491

sti491

I won't lie - I did go out and check mine again after you posted this thread.
I am here to serve! I'm glad it didn't fall over on me. If you think of it (I did as was WTF'ing for a while after discovering this), the left one takes some strain at first standing up the bike tilted over on it's stand.

Safety advisories posted by Rob... :)

Gonna be 70 degrees today. Going out and testing my new brake lines today. Then tomorrow Jake (son) & I are going on longest ride yet, a place he knows I don't called Brushy Rd near Wilksboro.

I'm feeling a little sketchy. A nice young man (21) named Christian that we met on a Danbury ride, who I followed up with and rode with around in Lexington last week, just crashed his beautiful 2007 R6. He is unlucky/lucky, not hurt too bad, no road rash but so sore he can't work. Sounded at first like he low sided, but maybe high sided after sliding on double yellow paint line. He said he got flipped on his back & shoulders just missing a light pole, but he still landed on pavement. Feel so bad for him. Bike is pretty banged up.

MrFrzZ

Praying for a safe trip for you guys

Always remember that no matter how many times you ride a road, you never KNOW it. There's always a possibility a critter is gonna run out front of you, or some jerk's car decided to bleed transmission fluid out straight down your track.

Hope you enjoy the brake lines