Got my new bike :D

Karlbee92

Last month, I posted a thread stating that I was putting my bike up for sale in order to purchase a new one.

I've been lazy but seeing as it's a slow Christmas eve day at work I'd thought I'd share with you guys (and girls) some pictures of my new bike.

It's a 2012 Black model and it's completely stock which is a LOT slower than my old one due to the fact that this bike is still restricted and lacks the air filter/exhaust and pcv.

Heres a pic of my old bike:

And here are some pics of my new bike:

This one is of the bike just out of the box :)

Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

Why didn't u keep the TBR and PCV

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Karlbee92

I had the stock exhaust... I sold it because it was easier to sell with the mods already done than to sell it without... I'm not quite sure whether or not I want to get a TB and pcv again I might look into my alternative routes.

Karlbee92

so you upgraded for the aesthetics or was something wrong with the other one?
I work for Yamaha and I got a good deal on a newer bike... My old bike had no problems but it had almost 20,000 Kms on the clock and it was almost 3 years old so I thought why not upgrade

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Karlbee92

If you like modding then maybe you can buy the R6 headers and make your own exhaust. It's much cheaper, but more work. If I had the space to do the work I think I would have gone that route only because it seems a little more fun.
What do I have to do in order to make it fit right?

Is there a specific year R6 that I need to purchase?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Last edited:

Karlbee92

I wanna say the range is 03-05. Someone could correct me if I am wrong. I'm sure there's a youtube video out there of a how to for this mod.
I hope they're cheap enough to buy brand new from work because there is barely any motorcycle wreckers around here...

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Karlbee92

Thanks for that :) I've been looking through everyones threads who have done this method... Looking through international ebay it looks like it will cost between $100-$150 for the r6 headers inc shipping to aus

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Karlbee92

I'm thinking of getting either a GYTR R6 Exhaust or a Scorpion R6 Exhaust... Both because I get staff discounts on them

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Karlbee92

I think I may go ahead and order these 99-02 headers... Apparently they also fit and I've found some for about $80 inc shipping