Goodbye FZ6R hello Z1000

Detrich

Congrats! :)

Lotta folks been upgrading as of late :)

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Rookasaki

DUDE!!!!! Where have I been :eek: I just saw you posted your bike in the Kawi thread.... Beautiful bike man. You like the power?

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

BoneJj

nice purchase, I like that burnt orange color on yours. Good luck on the roads and be careful with that throttle, it's a wheelie monster for guys in the 200lb or less range and even so for guys in the 265- range...

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

danieljardim

i was leaning in that direction i really like the z1000 or ninja 1000 but come down to it it isnt worth the loss of gas milage for me....in fact i wish i got better gas milage than i do now on the fz6r i cant help but want the cbr500 lol but i dont want to sacrifice the power i already have
I miss the gas mileage of the fz6r :(

BoneJj

i was leaning in that direction i really like the z1000 or ninja 1000 but come down to it it isnt worth the loss of gas milage for me....in fact i wish i got better gas milage than i do now on the fz6r i cant help but want the cbr500 lol but i dont want to sacrifice the power i already have
I can get up to 45mpg or a little better if I'm easy on the throttle but I typically get around 35-38ish...

Still a hell of a better than my car....

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

BoneJj

i got 40-45 mpg yesterday and i was pretty hard on the throttle if i was babying it for my commute i could see 50+ no problem!!! the bike runs RICH as hell stock guys are putting full exhaust systems and air-filters with air-box mods on the z1000 and not even using power commanders because the bike runs soo darn rich but if you want a good tune obvious you need a PCV =/

i put 125 miles on the bike yesterday it was soo fun i already destroyed my chicken strips haha i got about 2mm left of strips haha the bike is insane when you grab a fist full of throttle.... you get a full fist my buddy on his tuned 09 r6 had nothing on my stock z1000 as soon as i was on it

great bike drops in the corners like a boss and accelerates like no tomorrow i cant wait for my pipe!!!
I think our definitions of being hard on the throttle are different. lol. When I get hard on the throttle I'm normally going up to 10k each gear and doing that repeatedly. Or in the case of the other day, there were these kids in the van next to me and they were all so glued to watching me on the bike that I had to give them a show. hit the gas pretty hard a couple lanes away from them and just a little fun prepping the next generation of riders. I can't say that I pulled any wheelies in eye site of the kids but then again I can't say that I did track only type stuff on the public roads either... lol. I even pulled off a once to let the van get ahead of me and then caught back up to it quickly. The father driving probably thought I was a complete Ahole, but whatever.

Did the same to a couple cars full of chicks as well. I was just having to much fun the other day.

That and hitting the little local track next to interstate near me we were able to do a little extra play time and see just how good we were at cornering at high speed. I managed a couple nice 80mph turns on the the sharper corners and for the larger bend I was able to keep it up to 125, was quite the great day of riding. After the hard running though I made sure that I did a full lap at normal speeds to cool everything back down though.

It can be quite the pain though seeing as the bike is speed limited to 152mph. so I couldn't do all that I wanted on the straights of the track.

I want to get the bike up to Sebring raceway to just try things out on that track and see what I can so.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member
Last edited:

BoneJj

ok so i wasn't all that hard on it haha its still not broken in shes all tight but we did spend most of the time over 60mph and i got on it quite a bit here and there also we did 25 miles of twistys and remember my bike is a good 20lbs (almost 5%) lighter then yours stock and i weight 175 im sure that helps me out a bit!!

and ya man it sure is a wheelie machine for sure i had the front end up countless times on accident ;)
LOL, yeah, I tend to get a little throttle happy at times. But good to know that riding easy like that should get me in the 45-50 range. I've gotten 40-45 before but I was pretty hard on her the other day.

and yeah, you personally have me by about 90 pounds right now and the bike weight of course. but 15-20 lbs shouldn't make that bike of a difference in terms of mileage. I'm getting my personal weight down now though so I should be able to improve mileage on that regard alone. I'm down nearly 20 lbs now, I need to get another 50lbs off before I'm in the more satisfied area though...

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

BoneJj

haha ya man i hear ya keep up the good work the only way i would think weight would make a huge difference is alot of stop and go
And that's most of the riding down here, damn lights all over the place...

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member