good motorcycle shop in la area?

itbeme91

ok so i cant seem to figures out what is wrong with my bike.
so i've gone to my last resort and taking it to a mechanical bike shop.
this is my first bike and dont want to take it to the dealer since they're SOO expensive, so can anyone recommend a good shop in the los angeles area?

thnx.

Detrich

did u buy your bike new or used? if it's still under warranty then the dealer technically cannot charge you for diagnosing & fixing a warranty item.

i normally go to the dealer myself. but, some of the guys at our local bike meet go to this shop out in Pomona called PARTS411 Pomona, CA 1 (877) 484-4860. Charlie (owner) comes to our monthly meet every month and does free give aways frequently. i've never gone there myself, but i've only heard good things.

bjs045

Just curious but whats wrong with the bike?

I've also met charlie from parts411. Seems like a stand up guy and I've heard nothing but good things about him.

@detrich do you ride with SCAR?

Last edited:

itbeme91

Just curious but whats wrong with the bike?

I've also met charlie from parts411. Seems like a stand up guy and I've heard nothing but good things about him.

@detrich do you right with SCAR?
well i dropped my bike on the fwy and now when i start it it throws alot of white smoke from the exhaust and when i start it and when i rev it and then the rpm drops and the bike shuts down.
i replaced all the broken parts and im not mechanically inclined.
thinkk the dealer would be expensive on a thing like this?
the motor seems to be running smooth but i just dont know why this is happening =T

bjs045

well i dropped my bike on the fwy and now when i start it it throws alot of white smoke from the exhaust and when i start it and when i rev it and then the rpm drops and the bike shuts down.
i replaced all the broken parts and im not mechanically inclined.
thinkk the dealer would be expensive on a thing like this?
the motor seems to be running smooth but i just dont know why this is happening =T
Ouch bro...sorry to hear. The white smoke can be from a number of reasons. None of which are good. Could be oil, coolant, or just moisture. Cost of repair could only be determined after inspection. Does it smell like burnt oil?

I'd double check all the vacuum hoses for damage. That maybe your idle issue.

When you dropped your bike on the fwy did it flip at all or just slide out? Just trying to get a better picture of impact shock the bike took.

Are you able to transport the bike on your own? Meaning, no 3rd party involved like AAA or a towing company.

Detrich

Spunky99

I saw this on Craigslist today...

Real Factory Mechanic, AMA Racing Experience
I come to You!!
Servicing all makes and year models
15 years experience.
Simply the BEST!!!!
call mike- (213-two eight three-5948)
online @
Factory Support

itbeme91

Ouch bro...sorry to hear. The white smoke can be from a number of reasons. None of which are good. Could be oil, coolant, or just moisture. Cost of repair could only be determined after inspection. Does it smell like burnt oil?

I'd double check all the vacuum hoses for damage. That maybe your idle issue.

When you dropped your bike on the fwy did it flip at all or just slide out? Just trying to get a better picture of impact shock the bike took.

Are you able to transport the bike on your own? Meaning, no 3rd party involved like AAA or a towing company.
yeah it does smell like burnt oil, well it was on a onramp from a fwy to another so i was going about 30-40 but honestly while spinning on the fwy, i was just thinking and hoping to not get ran over so i didnt see my bike.
the bike didnt flip only right hand side took the damage, but i didnt see any of it since i blacked out on site.

and well i have a truck i just need to learn how to tie it up on there. lol

Detrich

bjs045

hey bj> i finally signed up on scars web site... do u go to any of their meets?
Just welcomed ya over there! I haven't gone to the bi-weekly Thursday night bike meet in awhile. Things are setting down over here so I might have more time to go! =)

Detrich

cool... i'll try to make one of the meets one of these days. i usually go to the arcadia au meet the last thursday of the month. but, this month since thanksgiving we are having it next thursday...

W

whatever

white smoke

piston oil ring worn
cylinder worn
vavle oil seal damaged
valve guide worn
engine oil level too high