GIVI Luggage

ajskillz13

That blows my mind! I just got mine from the same supplier a couple months ago without a problem. Maybe it was a bad batch.

BoneJj

Givi knock off on Givi rack works good
Pictures by motoneta123 - Photobucket
I would like to know what brand case that is, I like the look of it and that light it is rather nice on the back. Some extra detail would be great.

I was reading through this thread and it certainly gives me a lot to think about as to how I want to setup my next bike.

motoneta123

I would like to know what brand case that is, I like the look of it and that light it is rather nice on the back. Some extra detail would be great.

I was reading through this thread and it certainly gives me a lot to think about as to how I want to setup my next bike.
look at JC Whitney site you'll find it, then go to you tube and search for "Givi knock off" it shows how to install LED lights, used 2 stripes (position/brake) ran the wires inside the box, drill the bottom pass through and under the seat to tap them, look at the video, i'm mechanically impaired, if i did it anyone can. (shrink tubes to hold wires together)

BoneJj

look at JC Whitney site you'll find it, then go to you tube and search for "Givi knock off" it shows how to install LED lights, used 2 stripes (position/brake) ran the wires inside the box, drill the bottom pass through and under the seat to tap them, look at the video, i'm mechanically impaired, if i did it anyone can. (shrink tubes to hold wires together)
Wiring is a non-issue for me. I was just interested in the brand of case but I'll look around on jcwhitney and see what I turn up.

I'm already making my own LED brake light system for the 900 and I'll do the same for my next bike as well. I'm a firm believer in increasing taillight visibility on bikes so I'm constantly replacing existing units with higher powered one or converting incandescent tail lights to high powered LEDs to make them all the more visible. I can't stand low powered tail lights.

One of the main reasons I bought my 2010 subaru WRX is because the LED tail lights are so IN YO FACE that I couldn't resist getting the car, that and the 265hp and 260 torque were another plus... lol, I love my car.

If I can't light up the back side of signs behind me when I hit the brakes then the taillight isn't bright enough... that's just my opinion.

but yeah, I wouldn't bother with the stock systems for these cases, I would add in my own and you can guarantee that I will have a modulator on it as well.

DrOdinMonster

GIVI Saddle Bags

I bought a set of GIVI T449 soft saddle bags a while ago but since i'm new to motorcycle luggage I did not realize I needed a mounting kit. GIVIusa.com recommends the PLXR364 which is over twice the cost of the bags. :mad:
My question is, do I need to buy GIVI's mounting rack or can I buy a different brand?

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

Bloke

You can buy a cheaper soft bags rack if you want from givi but the plxr rack means you haven't wasted money on a pointless rack if you want to upgrade to hard panniers.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

BlueShift

ajskillz13,

What is the name/number of these sidecases? I'm having a terribly difficult time finding anything online. It seems like all of the racks and sidecases that did exist for the FZ6R are discontinued.

Thanks!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member
Last edited:

Bert-Aus

ajskillz13,

What is the name/number of these sidecases? I'm having a terribly difficult time finding anything online. It seems like all of the racks and sidecases that did exist for the FZ6R are discontinued.

Thanks!
I discovered the same for my panniers,
I was able to download a pdf showing what the racks looked like for the panniers I bought and fabricated my own for less than half of what they cost to buy when in production.
Worth a shot if you are willing to give it a try