Getting naked.

yamanube

I am currently working on going the streetfighter route on my FZ6R, moving the headlight up against the forks, dirtbike bars and bar end mirrors are in the works.
Right now I just took of all the fairings and windscreen and I love it, the stock bodywork has a hokey, superbike wannabe look to it but when she is naked it looks sharp and mechanical (plus I love fighters). Wind really isn't much worse, I don't think the stock windscreen and fairings did all that much for wind protection, especially not with the tall bars and a 6'3" rider.
I also have an R6 header and a stock silencer off of an '06 R6 that I am hoping I will be able to fit under the bike.

Pics to come. Here is a crappy cell phone teaser shot.

Attachments

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

yamanube

looking forward to seeing how it turns out... good luck
if i could have bought an xj6 i would've done that, i like the naked look and will eventually probably do the same as you...

suggestion- bar end mirrors...
Bar end mirrors are in the mail, probably going to do Renthal fatbars too.
I definitely would have purchased an XJ6 if it where available, it seems getting euro parts over here is tough.

yamanube

Sorry guys, digital camera was dead so while that is charging I took another crappy cell phone teaser shot. Mods thus far are Renthal bars (didn't go the fatbar route due to not wanting to buy new clamps), R6 header and silencer, Targa FE, billet bar end mirrors. Still have a few things to clean up.

I WILL get better pics tomorrow.

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

CDN6R

Sorry guys, digital camera was dead so while that is charging I took another crappy cell phone teaser shot. Mods thus far are Renthal bars (didn't go the fatbar route due to not wanting to buy new clamps), R6 header and silencer, Targa FE, billet bar end mirrors. Still have a few things to clean up.

OMG man that looks sexy as hell!! Any chance of a front and side shot? And yes if I had the chance I would hve purchased a XJ6 (Yellow) also. Laurie

Superzoom

Damn, that looks great.

I've been secretly hoping that I lowside my bike so that my fairings are ruined and I have to streetfighter my bike. I guess I shouldn't hope too hard.

Superzoom

Yamanube,

How difficult would it be to put a round aftermarket headlight on the FZ6R? Would it look clean once it was done, do you think?

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Detrich

i may just have to keep the 6R and do the streetfighter mods to it after i upgrade to an R6 next year... <lol>

thanks for sharing the pix. bike's looking good.

rr_double_rr

Was there anything special you needed to do to get the R6 exhaust and such up under there? Did the stock hangers fit the same spots? I ended up holing my exhaust to try and increase the noise, and it worked, but I want to do a full replace, but don't like the cost of a TBR.

Cheers.

hellfiredge

Hell yea!!

ok front turn signals... where did you mount them and with what? ( lol i have yet to introduce my self in the new comers fourms) your bike is looking outstanding so far, keep it up. i'll be right behind you with this as soon as i get mine.

yamanube

Was there anything special you needed to do to get the R6 exhaust and such up under there? Did the stock hangers fit the same spots? I ended up holing my exhaust to try and increase the noise, and it worked, but I want to do a full replace, but don't like the cost of a TBR.

Cheers.
There are a ton of threads on R6 exhaust swaps, do a quick search.

ok front turn signals... where did you mount them and with what? ( lol i have yet to introduce my self in the new comers fourms) your bike is looking outstanding so far, keep it up. i'll be right behind you with this as soon as i get mine.
Front signals are some cheapo Micro LED blinkers from Cycle Gear (~$15) mounted on my headlight brackets.

Last edited:

Bdookie

Question about mods

Hey im a newbie to fz6rs and ive always loved the street fighter look. Your bike looks amazing and I would love to make my yellow fz6r a streetfighter too. just wondering what size and type of renthal bars did you buy and did you have to bend the R6 pipes to get them to fit?

diegoq26

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member