Gas tank sticker

flyingminno

Hair dryer or a little bit of a heat gun will do it, just make sure to get it heated up and continue applying it as you remove by pulling up from a corner.

euros4life

Hair dryer and some goo gone, with a lot of elbow grease and it comes right off. Give her a good waxing when your done and it will look like it was never there.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Raelcreve

That one is a b!tch to get off, but everyone here has done it and pretty much the same way. I was impatient and used the edge of my nail and rubbing alcohol, then cleaned thoroughly after I was finished. Should have heated it first.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

KADO

I just peeled it off and used a combination of goo gone and some skin so soft that was laying around the house. Took a little while and some elbow grease but now it looks great.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

pyrocpu

The trick on the fuel tank sticker (and also the FMVSS label on the swingarm), is to NOT peel the plastic off first! It's FAR easier to peel the paper & the plastic together. You'll have to move a lot slower. FMVSS label went first; that took me yeah, also nearly an hour. Gas tank sticker, with a hair dryer (heat it up to where the paint feels painful on your fingers! :( ), and peel super slowly. That label took but 2 minutes! Add one more minute for a quick wax (I used Turtle Wax Bug & Tar Remover--it's a bit gentler on paint for one, and it's what I happened to have on hand) with microfiber cloth, bam, done!

Detrich

is it just me, or does everyone else also hate the "child airbag warning" decals on the sun visors in their cars? it's like u have a nice cabin then these grotesque yellow, red, black, and white things on the roof... lol. maybe im just OCD... :p

thanks for the info on the warning sticker. i'm a going to try to peel it off at some point too. :)

ME_with_a_B

Did you guys use the hairdryer on the swingarm when peeling off the FMVSS sticker? Or just goo-gone?

pyrocpu

Hairdryer + Turtle Wax Bug/Tar remover.

ME_with_a_B

pyrocpu, I cannot thank you enough for recommending the Turtle Wax Bug/Tar remover. After I took the stickers off, I ended up giving my entire bike a once over with that stuff and now she's as clean as the day I bought her!! THANKS!!