FZ6R Yamaha Direct Frame Sliders

I want to get the frame sliders for my bike from Yamaha. I know they need to make some modifications to the fairings to put them on. I was wondering if anyone got these already and how much of the fairing needs to be cut away. I heard they are much stronger then the intutive no cut frame sliders. Please post a few pics if you had this done. Thanks!

Attachments

F

FZ6Hot

If the frame sliders for a FZ6R are the same as the FZ6 stay from Yamaha originals. I do not have a picture but they have a silver right angle bracket. I had a minor crash and the slider broke and caused additional damage to the bike.

If the frame sliders for a FZ6R are the same as the FZ6 stay from Yamaha originals. I do not have a picture but they have a silver right angle bracket. I had a minor crash and the slider broke and caused additional damage to the bike.

Just posted a pic. How bad was your crash? They only protect from a very slow low side fall. Thats all I'm worried about.

cbzdel

Just posted a pic. How bad was your crash? They only protect from a very slow low side fall. Thats all I'm worried about.
if all your worried about it slow fall why not just get the no-cuts and keep it simple.. rather than hacking up your fairings..

if all your worried about it slow fall why not just get the no-cuts and keep it simple.. rather than hacking up your fairings..

Yeah I'm looking into it now. Searching for a good price.

cbzdel

The best price I found was a Solo Moto Parts and they were like $107 with free shipping..

Granted it took 10 days for them to ship them because they told me they were in stock then I orderd them then they realized they were no in stock :shakehead:

But for the price I guess its worth the wait, not like the weather has been that good here anyways lol

The best price I found was a Solo Moto Parts and they were like $107 with free shipping..

Granted it took 10 days for them to ship them because they told me they were in stock then I orderd them then they realized they were no in stock :shakehead:

But for the price I guess its worth the wait, not like the weather has been that good here anyways lol
Found them at FatBikez for $115.00 and with a 7% Military Discount.

http://fatbikez.com/intuitive-racing-yamaha-fz6r-2009-no-cut-frame-sliders-.html