Fz6R same as XJ6S but for engine tune?

Groover

Hi guys I just bought a 2009 XJ6S I gather that it has the same running gear as a Fz6R but for engine tune and cams. Is this correct is not what else is different? If I order Fz6R brake pads they will work right? Same calipers? technically mine is a 2009 XJ6SL L being learner throttle restricted in Australia.
I think the fairing is different but I am talking running gear.

I appreciate your time and yes I searched :surrender:

Last edited:

latony007

Hi guys I just bought a 2009 XJ6S I gather that it has the same running gear as a Fz6R but for engine tune and cams. Is this correct is not what else is different? If I order Fz6R pads they will work right? technically mine is a 2008 XJ6SL L being learner throttle restricted in Australia.

I appreciate your time and yes I searched :surrender:
we have a couple aussie riders here that would better answer your question. I know there are some other differences like the seat. I know you guys get your engines restricted (which sucks). Im not sure what pads your talking about, tank pad? Brake pads?

Bruno

US FZ6R doesn't have immobilizer system and O2 sensor, don't ask me why... Different seat and ECU of course... I think that is all... Everything else is exactly the same...

Groover

we have a couple aussie riders here that would better answer your question. I know there are some other differences like the seat. I know you guys get your engines restricted (which sucks). Im not sure what pads your talking about, tank pad? Brake pads?
Hey Tone thanks for the response yeah I edited to clarify I am talking brake not maxi pads! The upside of the restriction is whilst I have ridden bikes overseas I never got around to getting my motorcycle license here in Au and we used to be restricted to 250cc on a Learner's license so now being able to get a restricted 600cc is a huge bonus actually compared to what we used to be allowed to ride. Plus the previous owner supposedly unrestricted it ... we shall see haven't made 10 hour trek to pick it up yet scored it on evilbay. I used to race production sports cars so hopefully I can restrain myself enough to stay alive :p

Groover

US FZ6R doesn't have immobilizer system and O2 sensor, don't ask me why... Different seat and ECU of course... I think that is all... Everything else is exactly the same...
Hey Bruno thanks man ... so you are 100% sure "Everything else is exactly the same"? That's what it looked like to me and it makes sense Yammie would share and save overheads but I don't like to assume because it can make an A55 out of U & Me!

I have been reading the board ..... I love to getting studied up on my tools ... so I am wondering did you get the F8 Headlight in the end and was it a hassle to fit or? :eek:

Last edited:

Bert-Aus

Groover the XJ6S is identical to the FZ6R except for the following
Front Fairings
Mirrors
Seat/s
Centre Stand

Tuning is NOT different, the restricted LAMS models on both have the same restriction plate too.
The open class bikes have the same stock tune too.

Enjoy your new ride and dont be afraid to use the search tool on here!
This forum is the most useful resource of info for the XJ6 that I found anywhere! (except the maintenance manual;))

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Groover

Groover the XJ6S is identical to the FZ6R except for the following
Front Fairings
Mirrors
Seat/s
Centre Stand

Tuning is NOT different, the restricted LAMS models on both have the same restriction plate too.
The open class bikes have the same stock tune too.

Enjoy your new ride and dont be afraid to use the search tool on here!
This forum is the most useful resource of info for the XJ6 that I found anywhere! (except the maintenance manual;))
Thanks Bert I wonder if considering differences in the fairing in these frame sliders would fit?

09 on TRex Yamaha FZ6R Frame Sliders NO CUT

Bert-Aus

Thet fit, I had TRex on mine.
You will need to cut the lower engine shroud fairing (slightly).
And by most reports the offset mounting blocks require some berthing of the mounting holes.
On mine I had to berth 2 bolt holes about 1-2mm to the rear.

If you are a capable tools person, you shouldn't find this difficult. Some posts on here have pissed & moaned about it, but I didnt find it an issue.
If you compare the TRex for $80 + shipping to the Yamaha for $290 =no big thing at the end of the day

+ TRex WORK -I tested this out by flipping my XJ6S & the engine wasn't damaged at all

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Bruno

Hey Bruno thanks man ... so you are 100% sure "Everything else is exactly the same"? That's what it looked like to me and it makes sense Yammie would share and save overheads but I don't like to assume because it can make an A55 out of U & Me!

I have been reading the board ..... I love to getting studied up on my tools ... so I am wondering did you get the F8 Headlight in the end and was it a hassle to fit or? :eek:
No... I ended paying $500 on the XJ6N headlight in Brazil...

RobSalgado

Hi friends.

I have a question for you: If I buy a centre stand for the XJ6, can I put it to a FZ6R?

I'm between XJ6 S and FZ6R and the missing centre stand is one of my "cons" for the FZ6R.

Thanks in advance.

bowie

center stand is great for cleaning / servicing.

But I suppose if you are cleaning it it's in the shed anyway so one can just wheel it onto track stands.

When I get silly I'll be removing my center stand because dork. But not until I have a track stand secured.

Get the XJ6. They looks better :p