fz6r (maybe fz6?) tag light wire question

Johnfz6r

So today I get motivated to make my own fender eliminator. I didn't mark the wires for the tag light when I cut them and they are both black...... Does it matter which one goes where, is there a way to tell them apart that is right in front of my face?

phantomxc

I haven't personally messed with those wires yet but there is typically a way to distinguish between the ground and the live wire. Look for a small white line going through one of them. Might be worth getting a voltmeter to make sure nothing gets screwed up. That's what I ended up doing for my LED lights.

F

FZ1inNH

LED are polarity based so they only work if the POS and NEG are hooked up correctly. In the case of the plate light, I do not know if it is LED or not. I'd have to look at the wife's bike.

Question? Why did you cut it when you could have unplugged it from the harness? That, the tail light, and the turn signals are all able to disconnect. You shouldn't have to cut any of them. Trace them back to the plugs.

I just did this on the FZ1... a bit of a pain but I got them all out and back in again with some patience. :D