FZ6R Givi v35 side hardbags

YAMABOY

Here are my new Hardbags: Givi V35.
Really easy to install, you need only 2 minutes to remove the bags and the rack.
I take the gloss black.
The hardbags : Monokey side V35 (619.99$ CA)
The Rack : PLXR364 (326.99$ CA)
Subtotal: (946.98$ CA + tax) (917.00$ USD)

Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
Those look great! Nice job!

ry-mac75

Oh wow!

Where'd you get those? How much? Here I am rockin' nylon OGIO's like a sucker! What's the story?

Mart Man FZ6R

Did they come painted, or did you have to paint? Are those side loading?

fz6rwolf

Looks great but $900+ for bags out of my price range.

Mart Man FZ6R

+1. For that kind of money, I'd probably do the full exhaust. Now if I had to use my bike to commute to work, I'd seriously consider the bags.

Detrich

Ditto... But I guess for longer trips, a backpack isn't enough storage space. Looks great, but still kinda pricey...

pyrocpu

Great bags, great pics!

Are these the same as the Yamaha Canada accessory/Givi bags?

YAMABOY

+1. For that kind of money, I'd probably do the full exhaust. Now if I had to use my bike to commute to work, I'd seriously consider the bags.
Why full exhaust?? For power...or for break your

Why a complete exhaust ... for sound or performance ... if it's for performance, you really have not the right bike ... you need a R6 or gsx-r 600 ... or, drive low-level gas (with race gas), lose weight and drive when it's cold :D A backpack when you travel 200-300 miles in one weekend, I think it is a bad idea:banghead: ... sorry for my english I speak french.;)

JonKerr

Elite Member

frelay

Nice!

I was hesitating to buy a set for my 2009 raven but, your pictures convinced me. I got mine for 515 euros (about 670 CAD) for the cases, mounting hardware and shipping from Italy.

I will post some pictures of the ensemble when I finally recieve and mount it.

Last edited:

Mart Man FZ6R

Full exhaust because that's the only option. You can't get a slip on.

Why and exhaust period over bags? Because a lot of us don't do any kind of touring on this bike. I could care less to have bags on my bike. If I need to cary something, I'll bring a back pack. I've ridden 250 miles in a single day with a Camelback full of water, a jacket liner, etc... I'd rather put something on the bike that's going to improve the bike. The stock exhaust is actually dangerously quiet. Yes most of us like the sound of a loud aftermarket exhaust. :D But it's also nice to be heard on the road. You do pick up a little power and you do get a little quicker throttle response. But that's not the main reason people do an exhaust on this bike.
You are correct sir. I know some guys are buying louder horns, that means the other guys already trying to hit you. I want the exhaust so they LOOK FOR ME. I'm looking into the stock exhaust mod like Chaos did and hope it'll be done on Saturday. I'll post if I get it done, and how I like the difference.

WANDERER

So nice....I kept the pics in my folder. Because my future FZ6r will be in Black & gold too.
How much again???????????Are they really worth that much?

toddjcruz

Put these on mine as well. Best bags ever. The quick release mounting kits are the best and worth the cash. Not only do the bags come off quickly, but the mounting hardware attached to your bike can come off in about 2 mins with a special triangle shaped key. Wonderful.

My bike was up-ended in a parking lot a week ago, the givi's too almost all of the force. Strong bags, strong supports. Sanded down the cuts and scrapes and they are good as new. Solid bags. Also added the top case and find this more usefull than the sides, though not as nice looking hanging out there. But so much easier to toss your helmet into, just like a trunk. I only use the sides when going on long trips for storage, pop them off and take them inside with me where I get there and leave the trunk on.

Only complaint: The key unlocks them, but you cant LEAVE them unlocked. If it's unlocked, you can latch them closed again, you have to put the key in, unlock and then latch closed. I like storing things in them, but I don't need to keep locking and unlocking all the time, as there are few places I worry about people stealing things. So, to be able to just leave them unlocked and still be able to open and close (latching) would be a much better thing.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=2064709&id=1100222796