Fz6r custom fabricated exhaust

fz6r rider

We don't have much of an option out there as far as exhaust goes theres the m4 which sounds good but looks rediculous and then theres the tbr which sounds ok on the gsxr600 but our bikes are tuned allot differently then the gsxr. By far my favorite exhaust when it comes sounds and performance is the akraprovic carbon system. I want to try and do a mod for the older gen r6 exhaust to fit our r's. What i will probably do is weld a titanium elbow to ther bottom of the header so that it angles out this will allow me to put on the r6 canister. not 100% sure if this is going to work but in my head it sounds great haha. let me know any thoughts or comment about the project.

phantomxc

Thoughts? That could kick some ass... Useful comment....nothing

No really that would be pretty sweet. Some serious mod work there. I wish I had those types of skills...

fz6r rider

Ok so I talked to a few exhaust dealers and got the same answer from most "they do not suggest converting an r6 can to fit the fz6r" however off the record one tech guy from D&D told me that if i got the right angle that the pipe and can would fit perfectly. Only downside is that I have to replace the stock headers (I will probably buy the M4 kitsince its only $700) Then go from there. Total project cost will be $1200 but if you look at Akraprovic's full racing exhaust system for the r6 it goes for around $1800 :rockon:
Its going to take some time to save up the money but for a system like this Its well worth it. TBR hp gain=5hp Akraprovic gain=10-15hp combined with power commander and I'm lookin at closee to 100hp on my R :sinister:

phantomxc

Any reason they don't "Suggest" it? If that kind of power is possible, I would definitely be saving my pennies.

fz6r rider

They dont "suggest it" because they don't want to lose out on sales. They know that if i can fab a akrapovic can to fit an R im not going to buy it from them. Im going to buy it on ebay for half the price.

joloy133

If its HP you want, there are some custom shops you could / should talk to. I'm near Infineon and a former FD bro. has a custom shop. Similar shops give step by step options but consider with increased HP comes mods to balance it out, braking, suspension, gearing, etc. Good Luck!

Just be patient FZ6R owners. Some company will make a good looking and great sounding exhaust soon.

I

ironman

I think that if you fabricated a converter pipe, that you could easily sell a lot of them to other folks on the forum.

I'm no exhaust expert, but there should be no reason why you couldn't just fab up a pipe and a bracket and put a slip on on the new pipe. especially if you are going to put in a PC and have it tuned on a dyno. That guy just wants to sell you a new set of headders.

MNDZA

Keep in mind that just because an exhaust gets some number of HP from one bike, custom fitting it to another bike will most likely give less power because it wasn't designed for it.

fz6r rider

As of now I am not so much concerned with horse power as I am with the look and sound od the can. As of now the only dealer concidering making an exhaust is Scorpion and D&D but they will not know until mid-to end summer.

cbzdel

I gotta ask why didnt you just get an r6 to begin with? i see that you are also wanting r6 grapgics as well, also with an r6 can.. why did you buy the fz6r haha??? I am not hating just confused why you are modding you fz6r to look like an r6...

fz6r rider

I am not getting an r6 logo I am getting graphics that fit an r6 sorry for the confusion. also I am getting an r6 can because it is what fits and FYI our bike is a detuned r6 late gen.

cbzdel