Fz6 abs cluster to nom Abs bike

Zore89

Hi i have FZ6 without abs , and i instaaled cluster from bike which had Abs now i have problem with incorrect speed. I think Abs bike messure from Abs sensor and Non abs bike measure from gearbox am i correct? I am driving around 45kp/h cluster say i am driving avout 87kp/h
What can be done for corect measuring? Can i calibrate somehow or can be done on service? Or what you suggest?

You are spot on and there is little to fix that. Do you still have your original cluster?

Only hope I can think of is that although the ABS unit has the light, if the light is NOT triggered by an ECU function like for example high beam, Neutral, and turn LEDs is that you swap the IC containing the logic to the abs PCBA. The only way that flies is if the pcba layout in unchanged except the population of the abs LED and that led is not fed from logic in the gauge.
For example, the CEL is fed from logic in the gauge as the ecu has a single data line to the gauge... if you try this, the PCBA is lead free RoHos compliant and tools used should be lead free solder tools.

I have an ABS schematic for an FZ6, but not an 6R... I'll peak at that.... see if its logic driven or wire from elsewhere.

FZ6 uses a seperate wire from the abs ecu to trigger the abs led. If this holds true for the R, you could be in luck.

Zore89

I dont have old cluster anymore, abs light is not problem i take out LED sonit is not on. When i first connect it AbS light was PN so i take LED out of the cluster. I just need tp figure out how to connect or what to do for correct speed.
Problem is that my bike measure speed from gearbox but this cluster is from ABS bike which measure speed and trip from ABS sensor. And that difference is quite big arround 30mph.

Get used smashed gauge and steel parts.