FZ-09 Sport Tourer (FJ-09?)

latony007

Now this is peaking my interest. At least half faired, i assume will have some matching hard saddle bags if its going to be a tourer? this could be a winner for me depending on the price. No wonder i cant find any FZ1s out there, probably going bye bye.

ignatz

Now this is peaking my interest. At least half faired, i assume will have some matching hard saddle bags if its going to be a tourer? this could be a winner for me depending on the price. No wonder i cant find any FZ1s out there, probably going bye bye.
If you're up for a drive/ride you may want to check out Del Amo motorsports in Costa Mesa, looks as though they have 4.

http://www.delamomotorsports-costamesa.com/--xNewInventory#page=xNewInventory&make=yamaha&model=fz1&d=on

latony007

Bert-Aus

latony007

meh looks a little too much like the TDM or a simple aftermarket screen has been stuck on the FZ/MT-09.

Yes I acknowledge the different sub-frame & seats and larger tank etc, but I prefer a more sporty look...

in saying that I still prefer the Oberdan Bezzi café racer concept
This does not look comfy in any way shape or form. Doesnt look like the fz-09 i test rode either in the seat area. Wonder why they do that.

Bert-Aus

This does not look comfy in any way shape or form. Doesnt look like the fz-09 i test rode either in the seat area. Wonder why they do that.
Get a Gold Wing if you want comfort

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

latony007

Get a Gold Wing if you want comfort

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
get a hayabusa if you want to go fast. This new bike sounds like it could be a good combination of both but will have to wait and see.

Maadi

I would be very interested if the put a belt drive on it. Right now I'm sad to say my next bike will a BMW F800GT, if Yamaha doesn't come out with something other than a chain driven annoyance! :rant:

The problem is there is a huge premium on a BMW. Sucks that it's the only belt driven lighter sport touring bike I can find. I sat on one the other day, though, and it felt nice. Weighs the same as FZ6R, but they put the gas tank in the back so it feels much lighter. Now I just have to wait for a couple of years so I can afford a used one....

latony007

I would be very interested if the put a belt drive on it. Right now I'm sad to say my next bike will a BMW F800GT, if Yamaha doesn't come out with something other than a chain driven annoyance! :rant:

The problem is there is a huge premium on a BMW. Sucks that it's the only belt driven lighter sport touring bike I can find. I sat on one the other day, though, and it felt nice. Weighs the same as FZ6R, but they put the gas tank in the back so it feels much lighter. Now I just have to wait for a couple of years so I can afford a used one....
Hmm, that is a pretty nice looking bike. I would like to check one of those out, more than an FZ1 though. I did not know there was sport models driven by belt, other than the can am spyder. I wonder if there is any shaft or thats just too big and heavy for sportbikes probably.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

blkbrd

Elite Member

Maadi

I second this!! I rode one a month ago and the weight completly disappears once it's rolling.
You guys are absolutely right. My husband has one and it's a pleasure while it's moving! But backing it into the garage, well that's a totally different case altogether... And never pull into a parking spot that points down. Impossible to back out of....

Fizzer6R

they sure are teasing us - no color pics released yet? :(

latony007

You guys are absolutely right. My husband has one and it's a pleasure while it's moving! But backing it into the garage, well that's a totally different case altogether... And never pull into a parking spot that points down. Impossible to back out of....
id really like to try one of those FJR did not know they have shaft drive, just thought the more comfortable seats and storage but still ride like a sport bike is a good combo. i could possibly get rid of my cruiser. Not sure if the FJR is too tall for my short a** or not. :)

Maadi

id really like to try one of those FJR did not know they have shaft drive, just thought the more comfortable seats and storage but still ride like a sport bike is a good combo. i could possibly get rid of my cruiser. Not sure if the FJR is too tall for my short a** or not. :)
I'm 5'7 and can't put my heels down at a stand still. Mind you, his is a 2004, with the upgraded, fairly wide seat. I think the 2014 seems lower, but I haven't actually checked the numbers

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member