full system without remapping

Chuppymarley

SC-PROJECT FAQ

Arrow Special Parts

In mid of searching exhaust for my xj6s. Breakdown into 2, arrow or sc project, both in full system. Chk their webside mention not necessary to remap a/f ratio cause develop base on original machine specification.
Want to hear from the experience senior here is't ok to upgrade to full system without any juice box or pcv? In term of performance wise will it gain any extra hp and will this harm the engine in long run? Need advice before i make the purchase.

Thanks in advance.

rtho782

I have an Arrow full system on my XJ6F.

Sounds nice and loud, runs fine.

I did increase the fuelling a bit via the ECU (hold down both buttons while turning ignition on, to get into the menus) but it ran fine before that.

While going along with no throttle (engine braking I guess) I get popping and flames from the exhaust, but I consider this a feature!!

Chris K.

SC-PROJECT FAQ

Arrow Special Parts

In mid of searching exhaust for my xj6s. Breakdown into 2, arrow or sc project, both in full system. Chk their webside mention not necessary to remap a/f ratio cause develop base on original machine specification.
Want to hear from the experience senior here is't ok to upgrade to full system without any juice box or pcv? In term of performance wise will it gain any extra hp and will this harm the engine in long run? Need advice before i make the purchase.

Thanks in advance.
I'll just redirect you to another member's recent topic, you might find it helpful. One thing to add, if the exhaust is made with strickly XJ6 specifications, your engine should be fine with or without JuiceBox/PCV.

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f101/xj6-aftermarket-exhaust-24072/

pilninggas

I have an Arrow full system on my XJ6F.

Sounds nice and loud, runs fine.

I did increase the fuelling a bit via the ECU (hold down both buttons while turning ignition on, to get into the menus) but it ran fine before that.

While going along with no throttle (engine braking I guess) I get popping and flames from the exhaust, but I consider this a feature!!
to eliminate the pops, raise the tank and locate the hose at the front-top of the air-box. This hose feeds the air injection system for the exhaust - block this pipe using whatever means (think plastic bag, silicone, ball-bearing of some sort) what ever you block it with make sure it cannot fall down to the valve -cover or fall-out into the airbox/intake.