Front wheel on backwards!

toekneedee

During a stop on my ride yesterday I was checking over the bike and noticed the arrow on the tire was pointing in the wrong direction. At first I thought they had mounted the tire backwards, but after looking at it closer the whole wheel was installed backwards. When I first got the bike I went over the major fasteners and noticed the monkeys at the dealer had rounded one of the flats on the axle bolt, but it was torqued proper. I assume the bikes are shipped without front wheel, handle bars, etc. mounted and the dealer assembles, but can't say for sure. I say handle bars because those were also loose when I picked up the bike.

Anyhow, I put 3k miles on it before swapping and I don't notice any difference in handling. Even in the rain the tire seemed to have plenty of grip. I thought rotating tires only applied to cars:D

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

nlpyle

wow, if only i had known about that list. Like a lot here this was my first bike and maybe i put a little to much trust in the dealer to sell me a bike that is been put together properly and so far I have no issues but really interested in checking my front wheel now. Thanks for the link dart

Stricken

hmmm mine front wheel is on backwards as well. I dont mind since it has not given me issues.

vitrox

is the rim on the right way? there should be an arrow on it also.

it's only bad if you're riding in the rain because the siping won't move the water out of the tread.