Front fender

Grimmace

Hey, I hit a deer on the way to work,. I'm having a hard time finding a front fender for my 2013 fz6r,. Can anyone tell me where to get one, please

Jerzee55

Ebay has several. You may need to paint them to match your bike though. :) Good luck! You can always check BikeBandit for it also.

Just_Jim

I have a white fender off my 2013 (I swapped it out for a blue fender). It's in excellent shape. I'd sell it for $40 + shipping.

I attached a photo of it on the bike - I swapped it out shortly after the photo was taken.

Attachments

dabirk23

I have a white fender off my 2013 (I swapped it out for a blue fender). It's in excellent shape. I'd sell it for $40 + shipping.

I attached a photo of it on the bike - I swapped it out shortly after the photo was taken.
Where did you get the blue fender. I've tried bikebandit and revzilla with no luck

Just_Jim

I got it at Bike Bandit in 2019, before the pandemic messed up the supply chain. The blue fender is a good choice, the bike looks much better with it.

Look under the 2009 model year, there wasn't a blue fender offered on the 2013's. Bike Bandit says they are 1-2 weeks out, but I've always found that OEM parts from them usually arrive earlier than stated.

Also, the last two digits on the factory part number is the color, for the blue fender you want P2.

Part 1-1 on this page is what you're looking for: https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/2009-yamaha-fz6r-bluish-white-cocktail-fz6ryw/o/m144743#sch646562

Attachments

dabirk23

I got it at Bike Bandit in 2019, before the pandemic messed up the supply chain. The blue fender is a good choice, the bike looks much better with it.

Look under the 2009 model year, there wasn't a blue fender offered on the 2013's. Bike Bandit says they are 1-2 weeks out, but I've always found that OEM parts from them usually arrive earlier than stated.

Also, the last two digits on the factory part number is the color, for the blue fender you want P2.

Part 1-1 on this page is what you're looking for: https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/2009-yamaha-fz6r-bluish-white-cocktail-fz6ryw/o/m144743#sch646562
I was using the 09 part number 5VX-21511-A0-P2 for the DEEP PURPLISH BLUE METALLIC fender. No luck with BikeBandit or RevZilla. I'm trying PARTZILLA now.

Just_Jim

What do you mean by no luck? I just checked and Bike Bandit says they can have it in about two weeks. With OEM body parts, most places don't keep them in stock because they take up space. Even before the pandemic, it took a few weeks for me to get my fender from Bike Bandit.

dabirk23

What do you mean by no luck? I just checked and Bike Bandit says they can have it in about two weeks. With OEM body parts, most places don't keep them in stock because they take up space. Even before the pandemic, it took a few weeks for me to get my fender from Bike Bandit.
They said they could get one in 8 to 12 weeks when I ordered mine. A couple of days later they sent me an email saying they couldn't get one because it was on a nationwide backorder and I could cancel my order. That was on April 13th. I cancelled my order. I've been in contact with them the last 2 days trying to get them to credit back my money for the order. I've never had problems with BikeBandit in the past but this time has been a frustrating experience.

Just_Jim

That stinks. I've never had issues with them before either. Good luck.

dabirk23

I got an email from PARTZILLA today. They said the manufacturer has updated ETA date. The fender will be available June 11. Fingers crossed!

Grimmace

Hey, yes I would like the fender if u still have it