footpeg relocation, rear sets

Spunky99

I see the foot pegs seem to be the biggest problem when turning. Is ther an aftermarket solution to make this a little more aggressive? Lower the bars a little and this could be pretty fun.

MikeN02

One of our members put R6 Rear sets on, took a little bit of work of drilling or something but he did it.

ajiribarren

MikeN02

ajiribarren

TwistedThrottle....
Yeah, I've read the horror stories and poor costumer service of this particular online merchant on this forum, but I'm pretty sure there's someone else who can sell this footpegs on the USA. I'm in Australia, so I bought them locally at Motorrad Garage.

Just wanted to attest that these pegs actually fit the xj6/fz6r and that they are a solution for the footpeg relocation issue. I've never bought anything from Twistedthrottle.

Cheers

Last edited:

icestorm

Yeah, I've read the horror stories and poor costumer service of this particular online merchant on this forum, but I'm pretty sure there's someone else who can sell this footpegs on the USA. I'm in Australia, so I bought them locally at Motorrad Garage.

Just wanted to attest that these pegs actually fit the xj6/fz6r and that they are a solution for the footpeg relocation issue. I've never bought anything from Twistedthrottle.

Cheers

which ones did you order?

Spunky99

Interesting solution with the Vario Footpegs.
I am taking for granted that they do fold up...correct?

Also when ordering, you have to specify 3 parts...the mount, the arm and the footpeg style.
@ $139.99 and up this is a bit pricey. Am I getting this correct?

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

icestorm

looks like you pay for the mount that bolts where ya old peg is and you pay for rotatable extention and pay again for the footpeg that goes onto it so $200+

Spunky99

looks like you pay for the mount that bolts where ya old peg is and you pay for rotatable extention and pay again for the footpeg that goes onto it so $200+
Not worth the $$ IMHO....
Like the rear sets for the YSR50 that are 1" up and back from stock and solid billet at $179.99 from Calimari.....at least the cost almost matches the product with those....still to much $$....

JonKerr

Elite Member

ajiribarren

Hey guys, the Vario Footpegs need 3 parts, the arm, base and actual peg. You can choose the length of the arm (I have 1 inch) and the style and colour of the peg itself.

I bought them locally here in Oz, and yes, they run for $ 140 for the pair of pegs, arm and base.

The only reason I bought them is because of their adjustability. And I really like them. The fold like the originals, and in my case, and as you can see in my picture, the extra inch allows me to grab better the tank with my legs and I feel more comfortable that way.

They can rotate in 8 directions, so Roaddawg they could work for you too. In my case I'm 5'10" and mostly legs and they work perfectly for me.

As far as cost, is debatable. I've seen people spend $ 200 on a set of levers, and for me this pegs serve a double purpose. I feel more comfortable riding with them and I gain an extra inch of ground clearance. And I don't know any other direct bolt on option for our bikes.

Cheers

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member