Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

rregal

I commute to work on the So Cal coast so I run into fog a lot. If you get caught in the fog and your visor beads up with moisture turn your head 90 degrees to the right and then to the left this will blast off the water droplets off your vision. This will work in an airstream of 20 + mph. For this to work best your visor must be clean. I would recommend you use PLEXUS (Anti-Static Plastic Cleaner & Polish) and a micro cloth on your visor.

During the winter months I use a Pinlock Anti-Fog Lens Visor with the external part of the visor coated with Raincoat Water Repellent.

Raincoat Water Repellent - webBikeWorld

Rain-X products can permanently fog plastic. I wouldn't use it on helmet visors, plastic windshields, or plastic / coated (anti glare) prescription lens. This is true of many cleaners for glass.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

A

Anant

It was really funny for you. I thought about this because this type of incident never occur with me.
Funny, I didn't have any problems fogging my glasses when the visor was down. The only times I have are when I've been really hot and sweaty inside. My helmet does ventilate well and my glasses are fairly small.

Riding with the visor open, my glasses did get "misted" on the outside, just as the visor did.

Obviously, what happens depends a lot on the nature of the glasses, the level of ventilation your helmet provides, the moisture level and the temp.