First wrap ever!

sti491

Not very hard to do... it takes time to understand how the film stretches and moves with heat. Surprisingly easy, sort of!

Attachments

Hood92

That looks sharp! Good job.

sti491

Yessir! We moved recently and everything had been in storage. I found that heat gun with a hot melt glue gun that I think was my daighter's when she was younger for some hobby stuff. She is now 3rd year Vet student at NC State.

...don't tell her I put it and the glue gun in my tool box! I use that heat gun all the time, lol!

real men use fuchsia heat guns.:p

Looks good brother!!

adazine

Premium Member

sti491

... My Rap's a little weak, but my Wrap is sweet, I may Wrap some more, but my Rap is out the door....

...Unknown Wrap Artist, AKA StiWrapalicious

Now you're a wrapper ! We'll need to change your name...

adazine

Premium Member

sti491

adazine

Premium Member

sti491

adazine

Premium Member

sti491

Whatever the type is called with the texture on the adhesive side that makes it easier to get air bubbles out is nice. I had some small air pockets along the top edge of my piece I didn't notice until I put it on the bike due to the angle looking at it. A little heat, lift and reapply, and it was perfect! Most air bubbles I was able to work out first application. Impressive product.

I think I might persoanlly like the matte CF better, but my bike already has gloss CF in other places.

Several companies make the vinyl wrap and they all seem to be equal in their performance. I have friends that like the Avery vinyl better for the look they want - it's really just personnel preference and what suits your needs for the look you're going for. 3M does supply other labels just not sure which ones.