Error Code 12

Frinksbonkers

crankshaft position sensor fault, according to the service manual i have i shouldnt start either? it you had no problems with the bike and it just stopped working it may have become disconnected, the trouble shooting goes on to say maybe an ecu problem....hope it doesn't go that far!

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

Rumpig

Have you not seen my reply in your other thread?
If you can push start it it's the starter relay, i know cause i had the same problem.

Chris6R

Have you not seen my reply in your other thread?
If you can push start it it's the starter relay, i know cause i had the same problem.
Four09TWO063995 whoever you are that said something about starter solenoid I need you to get a hold of me maybe I can send you a few bucks if you can help me out by text email or phone cuz my bike is stuck at a customer's house whose fence I just built giving me a code 12 I have replaced this solenoid once before but I do not believe it was giving me a 12 then prior to needing to replace it it was just a dirty starter actually you know what f*** I still got that damn solenoid and I don't think it ended up being bad f*** still if you could get a hold of me I'd really appreciate that I'm going to be trying either tomorrow or the following Monday to replace that solenoid and see if it gets me going cuz I'm having a strong click in the solenoid after I tried jumping the terminals on it just because the bike wouldn't start my dumbass had it in f****** gear and almost sent it into my garage door thankfully everything worked the way it should have it sensed itself properly shut down before it moved more than 3 in but since the ride I made after starting the bike properly it's been giving me the code 12 and not letting anything happen besides a strong click in the solenoid not necessarily I don't know that I screwed it up just because it did turn over once I put it in neutral and hit switch it turned over and ran just fine but I've been having an issue already where my RPM is limited to about 6K can't go anything over that except for random times and it's not able to take full throttle input without dying or attempting to if you got something you know about that please let me know cuz I've been all over this forum trying to find out what the hell is going on and this is on a '09 with 42,000 mi on it