Engine revs but does not accelerate like before

kiggaxwut

I had a lowside a few weeks ago after taking a right hand turn top hot with cold tires and bad throttle input. Frame slider and rear brake lever took all of the damage as far as I can tell. I've noticed that in third gear if I crack open the throttle my revs increase but I'm not getting the pull of acceleration as before. I've seen from searching this could be either a throttle or clutch cable issue. It doesn't look like I have much throttle free play, but my clutch appears to work fine in lower gears. Any ideas?

blkbrd

Elite Member

BluePill

If the right side of the handlebar hit the ground, possibly the bar bent by the throttle tube and you are not getting full wide open throttle.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

kiggaxwut

Thanks all. I have had a bad habit of asking questions but not following up on them so here goes an update. Also, I need to log in and check this site some more lol.

It ended up being the clutch cable free play. I'm not sure if it happened during the low side but I noticed the lock nut on the main adjuster was able to be turned by hand so it likely came loose and messed up the free play while riding that way. I redid the slack at both the handlebar/clutch to manual spec and it runs like a top again.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member