EBC Brake Pads Being a PITA

RJRinker

I'm not sure if I'm just too many beers deep.. but I can't for the life of me get these pads in. Did I buy the wrong ones? I originally checked them on revzilla. Then found them on Amazon prime for 10$ cheaper. So.. maybe I fudged up..
The oems don't have the lower tab on them and that seems like what's making them to tight. I dont really know [emoji36] know..

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Rumpig

Shiny ones rear brake , crusty one is front. You just learnt the same lesson as me. Better marking on the package would help.

Attachments

RJRinker

Shiny ones rear brake , crusty one is front. You just learnt the same lesson as me. Better marking on the package would help.
Ermm.. nope. That's not it. I'm working on the rear. But did you ever actually install that ebc pad? Since it is the same as what I have..

RJRinker

I guess I should have explained that I'm trying to install the rear pads. The these just don't seem to wanna go in. Perhaps there has been a change in the pad shape depending on the year? Because I found on ebay, pads that look like the oems. That don't have the lower tab on them.

Rumpig what year is your bike?

The top pic is the breakdown off bike bandit which you can see no second tab. The second is the pads off eBay. Which are a different part #FA140HH Vs the FA174HH that I got.

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

Rumpig

I didn't replace the rears, front still had heaps of pad after 39 000 km so they stayed in to. There's 3 different types of EBC too, standard, track day, and race.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

RJRinker

Im pretty sure that they're just the wrong pads. I'm not sure why the FA174HH come up when I look up my bike on revzilla but they must be wrong. I ordered the FA140HH and they looked just like the oems in the pic. So hopefully that solves the problem.

Just trying to get this bike ridable. So I can take it to my shop and start on the headlight fairings.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member