Dunlop Sportmax Q2

Karlbee92

Hey guys and girls

Just wanted to chuck my 2 cents in about the Dunlop Sportmax Q2's. I put them on last Saturday and I done over 500 km on the weekend. I have to say that these are the best tyres I've ever had on a bike! I've never felt more confident around bends/corners!

Dunlop suggests these tyres for Track/Street. They're perfect for those bendy roads and are also great for commuting (despite the fact that the km's you get are not as much as a touring tyre)

I think I will definitely be chosing these ones next time I need new tyres. And for the price I get them at... Why not?!

Detrich

yep, love the Q2's. they are the best bang for the buck, imo. only $300 installed for a full set here in Los Angeles. and, they make the bike turn so easily and so fast...

the only thing that i don't love about them is how they perform over tar patches. now, i don't know if other tires have the same issue. but, the cheap tar that they use to patch cracks on the road are really slippery during the middle of the day when the road is sizzling hot. that's the only time i've felt my rear tire (Q2) ever slip on me. but, it was enough to spook me to slow the heck down.

i avoid going over tar snakes whenever i see them now to a point where it's border lining paranoia... :(

Karlbee92

That's pretty cheap... Over here in Aus bike tyres are expensive! It cost me almost the same amount as it cost you but with staff discounts...

Detrich

Q2's inspire confidence around corners & make it easier to turn...

JonKerr

Elite Member

FastFreddy

You can order them from the USA or Canada for $60 delivery or thereabouts.
My local bike mechanic charges ~$70 to fit, I might try the zip tie method next time.

If any local distributors complain, tough, tell them to get a better deal from the suppliers. (Dunlop/Pirelli/Michelin/Bridestone etc.)

motogp6r

i had q2's and the back tire wore out in 5k miles, front one still going strong at 6k. not the best tires for a touring bike. but cheap enough to replace after they wear down. 5.4 cents imo.

skyrider1977

I scored a pretty good deal on some Q2 sets that someone was selling as race take offs. They still have tons of life left on them and I was able to get three sets for $120. Installed the front myself yesterday. The bike does feel a little different when I'm turning. So far I like them. Still have to install the rear. Definitely are nice tires.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Detrich

<3 Q2's too... Great all-around tire. :)

talanthalus

I managed 9k on my rear tire keeping the pressure at 42psi religiously. I think I would have gotten more if I never had anyone on the back, but I had a few heavier riders on there for a handful of miles. (Ok, few handfuls of miles...) I like the Q2s so far even for my regular commuting... 3k seems really low! :)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Detrich

Yah Q2's aren't really a good commuting tire. They're more for spirited riding and some commuting

Nmexico

Any comments on the Q3 for longer wear than the Q2, Dunlop has a 50 dollar rebate on a set right now till 4/15.

The stock BT021 are rock as a rock feeling due to the fact they take forever to heat up unless you live in Arizona.

FastFreddy

Q3s are better again. Especially the front tyre feel, there's barely any front tyre chicken strips since I've had them. You can load up the front harder and turn in quicker. The rear tyre life seems as good for me. I'm not sure if I recorded when I changed them, I'll have a look in my maintenance book. Feels like less of a "less grip" feeling at 30 degrees then increasing grip from there than before. The grip/contact patch at differing lean angles seems more optimized to match the G forces at those angles, feels good.

Last edited:

Nmexico

I replaced the stock tires with Q3 today and man what a great change. There is a eagerness to the bike that was missing. The stock tires are imho a pile of stones compared to Q3s. The top heavy feel is taken away some because its so much easier to flick the bike side to side. Its worth the extra dough to get rid of the stock tires early.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member