Dragon Awareness

Fizzer6R

the best roads are around the Dragon, go there, run it once and get the heck off it before someone runs into you, not kidding.

hey defiant26, you're in a pretty nice area itself around Morganton, NC - got any secret roads to share?:cool: love 181 but it's a speeding ticket just waiting to happen

defiant26

We have a few routes. My dad grew up in those hills and knows them like the back of his hand. He has done the dragon a bunch and told me that he doesn't care to go back. He said every time he goes he sees ambulances. 181 will definitely make you want to wind one out for sure. I'll talk to my dad and see if I can get you some good roads to try.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

We have a few routes. My dad grew up in those hills and knows them like the back of his hand. He has done the dragon a bunch and told me that he doesn't care to go back. He said every time he goes he sees ambulances. 181 will definitely make you want to wind one out for sure. I'll talk to my dad and see if I can get you some good roads to try.
we usually highway slab it up from charlotte, then old NC18 connecting to 181 - so if there's any better routes leading up to your area and anything good to explore around those parts I'm all ears - if dad wants to keep something special semi secret please PM me info :D

forgot to mention, what are some decent places to eat towards that way also? sometimes we've gone to Blowing Rock, Little Switzerland etc... open to anything really. thanks

defiant26

One place I know you would want to check out is Shatley Springs. Awesome food. They bring out the food to your table buffet style and refill as needed. Here is a link.

Welcome to Shatley Springs Inn!

I'll post more soon.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

defiant26

Have you ever visited Elk River Falls?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk