Diagnostic Throttle Values

Please move this if not in the correct section of the Forum.
I recently ran the diagnostics on my 2009 Yamaha FZ6R and check my throttle values which from what I read is low. The values fully closed is 16 and fully open 90.

I also have multiple error codes that I have had no luck figuring out
Under D:61 I have the following errors 70,19,22 and 30.

I reset the error codes and they haven’t come back just yet but still just a little worried cause I’m new to this.

Any help on any of these issues would be very much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

MrFrzZ

70 is "Engine idling stop:engine has been left idling." Means the ECU detected idling for more than 20 minutes and automatically killed the engine. I did not know our bikes did that until I looked this up.
This explains a sudden shut off I experienced one morning while warming the bike up and getting ready for work - At least I hope it does. I never saw any warning lights and bike fired right back up. Looking back though, I certainly didn't think it'd been IDLING for 20 minutes though.

D:61 is fault history

19 is "Open or short circuit of ECU input line (Blue/yellow lead)." Given the checks for that all revolve around the side stand switch, it apparently has to do with not getting a signal from the side stand switch that the side stand is up. If the bike has been running fine, it's likely it flagged when you or the previous owner tried to start the bike with the stand down.

22 is "Open or short circuit of intake air temperature sensor lead." There's a good list of possible causes of this. If it doesn't come back, then it was a fluke in air temperature sensing at startup. Perhaps the bike was in a cool garage and didn't like the sudden swing in air temperature.

30 is "Turnover of vehicle." Means the lean angle sensor killed the engine when the bike fell over.

70 is "Engine idling stop:engine has been left idling." Means the ECU detected idling for more than 20 minutes and automatically killed the engine. I did not know our bikes did that until I looked this up.
Thank you for the reply. I will keep this post updated if any problems come back. It seems like the only real problem is 22 if it even comes back.

Any input on the low throttle values? Or do you think I should just try and sync the throttle bodies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk