Craigslist 6R streetfighter :eek:

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

Chevyfazer

Perhaps, but mating a R6 front end on a binned 6R may or may not even be a good idea. You can't just approach it as "R6 gooder and sportier, parts make 6R gooder and sportier too." Putting a different front end on changes the overall geometry of the bike. The frames and swingarms are not the same on the two bikes. Slapping a R6 set of forks and triple, etc on the 6R doesn't mean it will work well together.

This sort of bike is great for the guy building it if he loves to fiddle and tweak and fancies himself a closet motoGP mechanic, but to a potential buyer such Frankenstein projects should really be avoided entirely unless the builder really is a well known pro builder who knows exactly what he's doing and has tested the engineering principles involved in THAT build.

The honest truth is, fun or not this is still a salvaged parts bike, and really should be priced as such.
Supposedly swapping to r6 forks or front end on the fz6 is one of the best mods you can do for handling. Don't know if that would transfer to the r or not but people rave about it on the fz6 side.

But I completely agree, it's a salvage bike that's been rebuilt, probably using the best deals he could find on eBay and should be priced as such. Like I said the term " money pit" comes to mind lol

ksgoh88

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

ksgoh88

I'm glad my captain obvious came out today.

FZ6R_Mike

Its funny that this thread was brought up cause I just ordered the shifter side rearset off a R6S to see if it will fit. I see that someone revived vitorx old thread about the process of his build today too.

bQQm

I just sent him an email asking if he can send through the pictures. I'll post them here if I get them.