Cool Motorcycle Movie

Melting

Well I found another gem. Did a search and did not see any posts for Cycles South. An adventure touring flick from 1971. Free to watch instantly on netflix. 3 guys pick up and ride from Denver to Panama on what they've got, which is some UJM Thumpers. Cool Movie, the narration reminded me of Wonderful World of Disney. Not a single BMW in the film:).
Enjoy.

Detrich

I also want to see Ewan McGreggor's film Motorcyle Diaries. Has anyone seen it and is it any good?

Superzoom

I also want to see Ewan McGreggor's film Motorcyle Diaries. Has anyone seen it and is it any good?
Ewan was not in The Motorcycle Diaries. Diaries is about the life of Che Guevara. Pretty good movie. The first half is the most fun, and is the actual motorcycle trip part of the movie. The second half gets somewhat political and serious and bogs down, but not unbearably so.

I really did enjoy the motorcycle adventure parts, although there weren't enough! If you tend towards left of centre politically, you'll like the second half.

I'd give it 2 1/2 stars out of 4 for good direction, good acting, and some fun motorcycle scenes.

This is embarrassing, but I actually enjoyed "Wild Hogs" for the motorcycle scenes. Made me want to hit the open road and just ride. Same effect as "Easy Rider".

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

fvrider

For Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman...got to watch "Long Way Round" and "Long Way Down". Both are several hours of their documented trips. The first one literally takes you around the world, and the second north-south thru Africa. Pick a rainy long weekend or a winter weekend, when you're not riding. I recall each is about ten hours. Awesome.