Cold engine noise - video

leuri

Hello everyone, I'm from Brazil and here is a FZ6R chamda the XJ6.

She is a strange noise in the engine, a kind of wheezing. It only makes this hiss when the engine is cold. Pulling the emragem not nuda no noise.

Ja was replaced the belt tensioner command, but not resolved. The Yamaha mecanicosda Brzil naos has no qualifications and know what is the bike.

Watch the video 1 minute on Youtube that shows what happens.

123456.MPG - YouTube

If anyone knows what it is or have some experience, I would like to exchange information.

Thank you all.

JSP

Super Moderator
EW!!! Never heard that before! You sure you have oil in that thing? Something is definitely not right.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

flyingminno

Check the Air box and air filter, make sure there are no obstructions or critters that could have made a nest inside it.

leuri

The bike is with all of the maintenance macanica OK, it works to perfection.

But this introduces noise in the engine, the curious thing is that the noise only appears when the engine is cold

PS: engine oil, radiator fluid and air box have been checked and are OK.

The bike has only about 2000 miles

Rawknrohl

Buy a loud exhaust...and wear headphones.... Kidding... sorta, never heard anything like that, sounds like a dry electrical or belt driven motor, or something splined spinning on the shaft.... wow I'm not helping here. I'm confident I could diagnose it quickly in person, which means the dealer probably can't... Sounds like a job for whoever you trust to do the jobs you can't do. I will play the video for my bike mechanic, see what he says if it's useful I'll get back to you.