Cleaning your visor?

Cerebus

I searched expecting to find a dozen threads about this, but other when one thread about how nice a clean visor is, nada.

So best method?

Michael Wilson

Micro fiber cloth and water. My visor is tinted blue and regular paper towels scratch it. I just use soapy water then rinse with water and wipe dry.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

BKP

A ride of any length down here means you're cleaning your visor multiple times...

I carry a microfiber cloth, and Professional Lens Cleaner from Walgreens. It won't harm coated or tinted visors, and works quite well... Designed for optical lenses.

Brock Kickass

That was my thread about the joys of a clean visor. There really is nothing better. I use Windex and paper towels at home, whatever I can get my mitts on when I'm on the road. Wet naps from restaurants, Windex wipes, squeegee and papertowels at the gas station, the back of my sleeve and some river water, whatever I can find...

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

ive never used pledge, but i have had good success with the "free & Safe" version of windex...I cant remember their little marketing nickname for it though.

Invader Jim

I use hot/warm water and a cloth or paper towel. I have never used any type of cleaning solution. I am not opposed but water works and is cheaper.

JonKerr

Elite Member

daddyrack

Premium Member

Deathdiesel

I tried microfiber, but if there are even teeny tiny dirt particles in the cloth it will scratch the visor. So I use warm paper towels, and a dry one to buff it off. I occasionally use PLEXUS as a kind of sealer/wax.

DragonBlu

+1 on the Plexus. It is good stuff. I use it at work on golf car windshields. On my visor I use quick detailer and a micro-fiber rag.

bloodypulp

I tried microfiber, but if there are even teeny tiny dirt particles in the cloth it will scratch the visor. So I use warm paper towels, and a dry one to buff it off. I occasionally use PLEXUS as a kind of sealer/wax.
Been using water and p-towels for last year. My visor still looks like the day I bought it. Bug guts wipe right off.

bmw675

Add me to the list of plexus users. Stuffs expensive, but I've yet to find anything better.