Cleaning the engine.

jgelack

I will soon be removing my fairings to do an oil change / coolant flush and figured now would be a good time to give the engine a good cleaning. Can someone recommend A good engine cleaner / degreaser that will not harm the engine surfaces. I've heard Of someone using Dawn dishwashing detergent and others using Simply Green diluted 50/50 with water. I appreciate any suggestions.

Bert-Aus

A hot water pressure washer

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

catdoc

I will soon be removing my fairings to do an oil change / coolant flush and figured now would be a good time to give the engine a good cleaning. Can someone recommend A good engine cleaner / degreaser that will not harm the engine surfaces. I've heard Of someone using Dawn dishwashing detergent and others using Simply Green diluted 50/50 with water. I appreciate any suggestions.
Simple Green is good stuff or any degreaser you can find at the auto parts store(I use Greased Lightening diluted in a spray bottle). Just don't let it dry on the motor as it can streak.

jgelack

Simple Green is good stuff or any degreaser you can find at the auto parts store(I use Greased Lightening diluted in a spray bottle). Just don't let it dry on the motor as it can streak.
Yeah, I heard it was good stuff, but like you said, don't let it dry on the engine. Anyone hear of using dawn? It seems like it would be mild enough not to hurt the surfaces, yet still cut the grease.