Chicagoland Group Ride

Kayo7

Hey guys and gals,

Figured that since Anthony is trying to get a group ride together near Indy, I would try to get a group ride going around Chicago. I was thinking for going on Saturday June 1st and making a day trip out of it or just a couple hours. I don't know any route to take yet, although I saw in another thread about a pretty good route, 3-4 hours long. Trails up into Wisconsin, and comes back down. I'll try to find it. Try meeting up around 9:00-9:30 and head out by 10 AM.

Unfortunately I can not be as nice as Anthony and offer my home for anyone that may drive a distance to get here. But I can do my best to talk to the hotel that is right behind my house for a good rate, (just have to hop the fence and your basically at my house) and everyone can park there bikes at my house.

If anyone is interested, just comment/PM me and I can add you to the list.

1. Kayo7 - Confirmed (2009 FZ6R)
2. Grumpy - Confirmed (2012 CBR1000RR)
3. Grumpy's friend - Confirmed (20_ _ FZ6R)
4. Kayo7's friend #1 - Possibly but won't know till later. (2005 GSXR600)
5. Kayo7's friend #2 - Possibly but won't know till later. (1985 GS550)
6. leem00 - Probably not but will still keep him on the list. (2011 FZ6R)
7. Spawnxx - Possibly coming. (2010 FZ6R)

Last edited:

Grumpy

I would be up for it, how far are you from O'Hara? That's if we are meeting at your place and going from there.

Kayo7

I would be up for it, how far are you from O'Hara? That's if we are meeting at your place and going from there.
O'Hare International Airport is about 25 minute ride from my house. It doesn't matter where we meet, I just wanted to try and get something together.

Grumpy

The reason I asked, a lot of people say their location is Chicago when in fact it really is St. Charles or Lombard, etc. I don't ride in the City of Chicago anymore but will meet up for a group ride outside the city. I'm in Park Ridge.

Last edited:

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Grumpy

Yeah...On second thought I will pass... No need to be on the road with allt he drunks and loonies!
Don't blame you one bit. Not my favorite weekend to be out and about on the bike, not at night at least. Day time can be crazy though but as long as we stay off the popular roads we might stand a chance lol.

Kayo7

Thats memorial Day weekend???
Ooops, didn't realize that. We can always do a different weekend. I just wanted to get something out there. Enough people talk about getting together for a group ride but doesn't seem like it happens so I'm just trying to get something going. I am also about 25 minutes west of O'Hare, basically exactly like Grumpy said in Lombard (Oakbrook Terrace to be exact). More people know where Chicago is more than Lombard so I just put that down.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Kayo7

Well I am willing to try to make it up there...I just need some warning...but I am also likely to be a last minute final decision.
That's fine. That's why I am trying to get something going now for late May, early June? Anyone have any thoughts?

Grumpy

You can count me in. I have a friend that has an 6r that would join as well. I'm also down for any in-prom-to meet ups. :)

Kayo7

How does June 1st sound to everyone?

Grumpy

Sounds good here.

Kayo7

Anyone else in here think they can/want to make it? :wav:

Kayo7

Bump for anyone who hasn't seen this yet. :wav:

Grumpy

What happened to our Chicago folks, had a few last season. :confused:

Kayo7

What happened to our Chicago folks, had a few last season. :confused:
That's what I thought. You don't have to ride a 6R to join us. Invite your friends also. Lets just get out and ride!