Cheaper Alternative? (parts)

NewOneNeo

I need to replace some bolts and plastic rivets. yamahapartshouse has each one priced at $3.00 :eyebrow: a piece which imo seems kinda high.... and then there's shipping. Anyone know of an alternative supplier or 3rd party fixes that aren't going to charge you and arm and a leg?

$3.00 for a washer.... O Kayyyyyy. :bsflag:

latony007

which ones? like the fairing bolts or the windshield bolts id hit up ebay. If you check my picture you can see the red fairing bolts i used to replace the stock ones and they were maybe 6 bucks for the set. makes a big difference on the white fairing.

fairing bolts fz6r | eBay

NewOneNeo

Yeah missing a few fairing bolts. Also missing one of those plastic rivets that go in the speedometer cowling.

latony007

Yeah missing a few fairing bolts. Also missing one of those plastic rivets that go in the speedometer cowling.
Then i would get one of those fairing bolt sets on ebay, they have a ton to choose from. They also fit in the windshield, some peope dont recomend putting aluminum in the windsheild because its supposed to come off if you hit it but i dont think they will hold it in anyway.

I hate those stupid rivit thingys, not 100% sure ours are 8mm but these cam up searching for yamaha rivets

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Retainer-Fastener-Predator-Scrambler-Sportsman/dp/B008427D88/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1423590060&sr=8-2&keywords=yamaha+rivets[/ame]

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member