Changing the timing

Rumpig

If I was to send an ecu up to you, would you be able to retard the timing at full throttle 2 degrees from 4800rpm onwards?

One more thing, just had a look at ecu part numbers, and the ecu "changed in 2013 (2009 to 2012 is 36P-8591A-00 and 2013 to 2017 is 36P-8591A-10). Not sure if that single digit change had any changes associated with it, but I'll get my dealership contacts to poke around.
Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yeah I can do that, do you want it in every gear, there's three separate maps.

I wrote the U.S bin file onto my ozzie ecu and it worked fine on my bike so I don't see the number change being a problem, but i'd be interested in what the change was.

ST3RL0

Yeah I can do that, do you want it in every gear, there's three separate maps.

I wrote the U.S bin file onto my ozzie ecu and it worked fine on my bike so I don't see the number change being a problem, but i'd be interested in what the change was.
Every gear please. Just need to get a spare ecu now

Rumpig

i've got 2 u.s ones i'm using and my oz one. I can mod my oz one and send it to you to try if you like. Pretty sure the immobilizer is separate to the ecu so it should work fine. I can raise the rev limiter too. I'm on 13 000 with the standard valve springs.

Rumpig

If you look at the timing maps in 3d they're pretty wonky at higher throttle positions. If your tuner has specific timing values in mind for NOS I can make them the values he wants though our bikes really retarded anyway.

Also, if you put your bike in diagnostic mode you'll see the lowest TPS value is 16% and the highest is around 96%. I'd change the values in the last 2 columns (93 and 100) to be the same, as the ecu won't be using the 100% column as the TPS doesn't go that high.

Attachments

On the FZ6 you can swap ECU's but you have to re-register immobilizer with the red and black keys.

You can also independently replace the immobilizer unit and follow the re-register process.

That said I think the registration process stores data in both the immobilizer and the ECU making it possible to replace one or the other as they talk to each other and share info saying we have the right key, I will accept it and allow you to start.

Now if the main keys are lost and or the key reader dies you go down the rabbit hole of all new keys, new ignition switch, ecu and immobilizer replacement if you want to keep this system operational.

ST3RL0

If you look at the timing maps in 3d they're pretty wonky at higher throttle positions. If your tuner has specific timing values in mind for NOS I can make them the values he wants though our bikes really retarded anyway.

Also, if you put your bike in diagnostic mode you'll see the lowest TPS value is 16% and the highest is around 96%. I'd change the values in the last 2 columns (93 and 100) to be the same, as the ecu won't be using the 100% column as the TPS doesn't go that high.
Tuner only did the base NOS mapping on stock timing. Can work around the wonky timing values with some minor fuel adjustments (as well as incremental steps in upping the nos). Main issue is lack of easily adjustable timing.

ECU and gauge Powered up indoors.... check this out!

Final Impact Playing with Trigger 600riders.com

CPS input is the only active input! I Need a TPS and vacuum sensor and an electronic gear box.

There may be some error codes! lol

Dewalt is maxxed out. Time for brushless LiPo powered motor....

Anyone have a transmission I can borrow?? Blah

Rumpig

Holy Shit ! Lot of work making that happen. I've got a FZ6 MAP sensor, I just did the throttle body swap and had to use my original as the elec plug is different.

I emailed mmcflash and they can do a module so i'm going to send them the S1 FZ6 and U.S FZ6R ecu's. That should cover S! ,S2 FZ6 and FZ6R's hopefully for reading and writing using cheap vagcom connectors.

ST3RL0

ECU and gauge Powered up indoors.... check this out!

Final Impact Playing with Trigger 600riders.com

CPS input is the only active input! I Need a TPS and vacuum sensor and an electronic gear box.

There may be some error codes! lol

Dewalt is maxxed out. Time for brushless LiPo powered motor....

Anyone have a transmission I can borrow?? Blah
This has a kind of chaotic beauty towards it

Holy Shit ! Lot of work making that happen. .. .. ..

I emailed mmcflash and they can do a module so i'm going to send them the S1 FZ6 and U.S FZ6R ecu's. That should cover S! ,S2 FZ6 and FZ6R's hopefully for reading and writing using cheap vagcom connectors.
But dude, you have this ability! So why then are you shipping.....??????
If I'm guessing correctly, are we headed towards Cookie Cutter plan based upon the recipe of another? Is that the correct take away here?

The FZ6 S1 is not the same as S2. Fuel maps differ with the addition of the O2 sensor on the S2.

D, I'll try to email you tonight. Give you an update here. In short we may have enough people on board to do some cost reduction. Also there is another place that is working on fz and fz6r recipes woolichracing.com or write them [email protected] very helpful and responsive!

Project:
I have that S2 harness and ECU powered up. I've corrected all inputs to power up without errors. The harness I grabbed was from a wrecked bike and it seems the safety cut-off relay is buggered. Side stand switch is hot 12V and wants shove lots an lots of current through it.
Diagnostic mode runs injectors and coils but safety protocol is not being met to fire it off. It thinks its in gear and inputs to clutch, side stand, Neutral are of no help.

Rumpig

"But dude, you have this ability! So why then are you shipping.....??????
If I'm guessing correctly, are we headed towards Cookie Cutter plan based upon the recipe of another? Is that the correct take away here?"

I'm just trying to get a cheaper read/write solution happening, they need the ecu just to come up with the read/write protocol, not to do a remap. People could send me an ecu but postage costs would add up pretty quick, if there is someone here in Oz, someone in the U.S and someone in Europe that had cables to read/write we could come up with generic maps and someone on each continent could do it, cheaper and quicker than sending them overseas that way.

Wooliwich are good and I might of talked to them a while back, from memory our bikes not being that popular, they weren't that interested as there wasn't the volume there to make it worthwhile. Would be good if they do as they'd have a better understanding of what's what than me.

Last edited: