Need Help Can i de restrict by modification?

Fz6r wagga

Hey everyone, ive been looking up and down for a derestrictor for my fz6r but seem impossible to come across.. i found one and purchased from 'lfufro.com' but i think it was a dodgy site and i got ripped off....if i cant buy one can i physically mod it to be 'derestricted'

Boost

If your just looking for the plate itself, theres a guy on here samwich (ebay username) that makes them for like 30$ in aus. Heard good things about them, cant wait to instal on my bike and unleash the beast...

Boost

What is a derestrictor?
In the throttle body there is a butterfly which controls the movement of air, controlling the engine speed. As can be seen from the photo (below), a metal plate is placed to stop the ( i guess you would say the actuator) from fully opening hence restricting full throttle. The plate acts like a stopper so that the actuator can only rotate so much, causing the butterfly valve to never fully open (maybe 30-40% open restricted?)
So to answer your questions a derestricted version of the bike would have less of the ‘stopper plate’, hence 100% throttle. Please keep in mind it might not actually be called an actuator but that is how it works.
8DFCD621-CFC8-4ACF-856E-5D6261513408.jpeg

KevinMills

I used an angle grinder. It's super easy. It's just the measurement might take a couple of tries. It's easy enough that I could not justify spending any money on buying a specific plate.

If I recall correctly the limiter restricts the throttle to only 22 degrees instead of the standard 90

Rumpig

you can just cut a bit of the factory throttle plate.
Not all countries had the restricted version , where are you?