Californian FZ6R throttle goes 16-89 in diagnostic mode

donclapton

I recently bought a 2016 FZ6R and when I was looking up the diagnostic codes I noticed that the throttle goes from 16 which is normal to 89 which is not normal. I tried to look up this issue but couldn't find anything. The only thing I managed to find was that some European versions of the FZ6R have throttle restrictors or something like that, but mine is Californian. Has anybody here run into this issue? Or any ideas on how to unlock the full throttle?

The service manual says to replace the throttle position sensor if either the fully closed or fully opened values are out of range. You should be able to check the sensor resistance to confirm it is not functioning properly. Interestingly, when installing the throttle position sensor, it says "adjust its angle properly", and gives instructions in another section on how to adjust the angle of the sensor. I have no idea if the angle of the sensor could impact the diagnostic values for throttle position, but obviously the angle is important for some functionality. Let me know if you need details on checking resistance or adjusting angle.