Buzziness and vibrations on the Interstate

drsmith41

I am looking into giving up my cage and going with a bike full time. I commute to work 30 miles one way six days a week. I have been reading reviews on the 6r and I came across one that said the vibrations on the highway were way too much to handle for any length of time. I am just wondering if this is a wide spread issue or not. Another bike I'm looking at is the Kawasaki Versys but it has a parallel twin which I bet has even more vibrations. I am getting ready to go to a dealer to see if they have a demo bike available but I doubt they will. We'll see. Thanks!

Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
I've gone on many 8+ hour rides on it and have not had any vibration issues at all. There is some buzzing but that is usually just an area by the windscreen that can easily be fixed. Other than that, the bike will be great for what you want.

bmw675

I haven't had any problems on highway rides of 3+ hours. But i will say that I'm glad when i need to stop for fuel because, my tail bone gets a numb feeling. Show me a bike, or a chair for that matter, that doesn't do that.

CDN6R

I find that my 6R has very little vibration when riding at High way speed (60-65 MPH). In fact I removed my bar end weights to install bar end mirrors and I found really no difference in handle bar vibration at all,, I was really suprised! I am sure that our 6R bikes will vibrate less than a parallel twin.

Chucker

I find a little bit of a buzz that I ride through when accelerating up to highway speeds, but I cruise along anywhere from 50 to 100 MPH without noticing anything. There certainly isn't enough vibration to make me even think about for 30 miles each way. The vibration zone on mine is narrow enough I could ride above or below it if I found it bothersome, but I don't recall ever really thinking about it.

See red

I have had ridden a 650r and it is better for the back roads, punchier down low. As far as the 6r, I only get the plastic making a buzzing. I am in the process of trying to remove that annoyance.

Chucker

I have had ridden a 650r and it is better for the back roads, punchier down low. As far as the 6r, I only get the plastic making a buzzing. I am in the process of trying to remove that annoyance.
I had that plastic buzzing on Sunday. Sat in the driveway revving the engine for about 10 min before I realized it was the wind-screen. Tightened the screws and no more buzzing.

Sage

Haven't had any buzzing yet, may not be able to hear it over my two bros though :eek:

Detrich

the amount of vibration on a bike is directly proportional to how crappy the road is paved... in southern california, for example, that is quite a LOT! and, yes- that means you will get butt-slapped by your seat quite often over a 30 mile commute.

problem? only if it bothers you. most ppl just get used to it.

it has very little to do with the bike, so long as it's operationally sound.

See red

I know mine is from the top piece of the fairing not the windshield. There is a little plastic ear that is used to align the edge and it is not tucked in. Not an issue. Thank you for offering the advise though.