brake pads

bmw675

anyone else notice their brakes squeeling when engaged. my rear brake is and im not sure why. pad has plenty of meat on it (between 1000-1100 miles). i know i use more rear brake then front because i have alot of loose rock around. i don't think i have a rock in their though.
i have a couple ideas on what to do, but i have never messed with brakes on a mc before.

suggestions?

MikeN02

anyone else notice their brakes squeeling when engaged. my rear brake is and im not sure why. pad has plenty of meat on it (between 1000-1100 miles). i know i use more rear brake then front because i have alot of loose rock around. i don't think i have a rock in their though.
i have a couple ideas on what to do, but i have never messed with brakes on a mc before.

suggestions?
Strange, my front breaks squeals instead of my rear...

streetmaster

Try 'anti-squeal' available at most auto parts stores.
It's a hi-temp silicone based adheasive that goes on the back (not the rotor side) & stops the pads from vibrating.
It's the vibrations that cause the high pitched squeal, especially when combined with the very hard pads that Yamaha use.
It can also be caused by a combination of thi and a build up of brake dust.

bmw675

i guess i just need to pop off the caliper and and lube it up.
the idea i already had was that it had some buildup on the pad itself,glazed over, and thought about pulling it off and taking some light sand paper to it.

stuna

Try 'anti-squeal' available at most auto parts stores.
It's a hi-temp silicone based adheasive that goes on the back (not the rotor side) & stops the pads from vibrating.
It's the vibrations that cause the high pitched squeal, especially when combined with the very hard pads that Yamaha use.
It can also be caused by a combination of thi and a build up of brake dust.
thats way old school . the correct lube is the new way