Bought OEM stator- how to get cable out?!

Love Enigma

Hello again.
Sooooooo, stator is bad. Looking to buy a replacement to do it myself. Recommendations on where to buy one? Is it the same as the R6 stator? Can’t really find too much info on it.

EDIT: Bought OEM stator and went to remove it, but the shop manual wasn’t very helpful as the connector is too big to slide out from the frame. The mounting boxes for too snugly to the frame... Physically too big to pass through.

I’m not looking to cut the cable to get the new one in.

Is there a walk-through or does anyone have any ideas? Have you done this before? Any assistance would be wonderful.

EDIT: Got it. The connectors come out of the housing. There is a little tab on the side and each connector has a little locking mechanism that needs to be pressed as the connector is pushed down/out of the housing. See photos below.

Thanks!

Last edited:

milepig

Howdy, never changed one on the 6r, however I've changed several on my VFR and my experience is to use oem if at all possible. The one time I used an after-market stator it only lasted approx 5k miles. Partzilla?

BluePill

Go OEM. Just shop reliable internet sources like Rocky Mountain ATV, and various dealers.

Love Enigma

Thanks, everyone. I had a sinking feeling about it, but also have had decent luck with my aftermarket parts (i.e. starter rebuild) and wanted to see if anyone had similar luck.

Love Enigma

Hiya,
Bought an OEM, but slight issue. Anyone know if there is a walkthrough video? I can't seem to get the cable out.

Love Enigma

Not sure I follow, where can't you get the cable out of?
Sounds odd, but from the frame itself. The connector is to big for the space provided to slide the stator cable out after it's been disconnected. Sorry, I'm a bit out of it right now, so hopefully that makes sense.

milepig

Sounds odd, but from the frame itself. The connector is to big for the space provided to slide the stator cable out after it's been disconnected. Sorry, I'm a bit out of it right now, so hopefully that makes sense.
Can you cut the old one and run the new one a slightly different path? I've done this on my VFR, never had to deal with a stator on the 6R, so I don't know what it looks like.